GDT: OMG!: 6/12 | SCF Game 1 | Boston Bruins @ Chicago Blackhawks| 8pm ET (7pm CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetEmPlay

Oct 29, 2007
Sitting on the tarmac at Ohare waiting for a gate. Never been so happy stuck on a plane. If we just win the games I go to we are golden!

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Here they are again. The faithful waited 39 years for a cup and now our team is going to play for their 2nd cup in 3 years.

This team continues to amaze me. How they play as a team, for one another and for the the fans. They all make me proud to be a bruins fan. They wear that crest and it would seem it means something to them, to be a bruin.

I think playing for the cup is a huge reward for the fans who pay money as season ticket holders and even game tickets. You have a vested interest. Certainly more than me. You've been through the good and the bad and now you get to cheer your team on to the finals, how much better does it get.

I was so upset after game 5 in 2011. I lost faith. I really believe they wouldn't win and I wondered "when will it be the bruins turn?" Well my team taught me to never lose faith. Some years are better than others but you can never lose faith.

We love the bruins, that's why we are here. Even those who might think the bruins wouldn't win a particular series, the love is always there.

I love this team.

Go bruins.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I think the Pits sweep happened in part because of Crosby's antics in that 1st game. Otherwise it would've been a closer series. Who does Chicago have that can motivate these Bruins? Maybe Toewes? He can be a dick sometimes. Who on Chicago will be our sparkplug?:handclap:

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Nice to see that chicago is already adjusting to the Bruins game. Figured it would take a little more than them just arriving in Chicago. :laugh:

Win this one and put them back on their heels.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the Pits sweep happened in part because of Crosby's antics in that 1st game. Otherwise it would've been a closer series. Who does Chicago have that can motivate these Bruins? Maybe Toewes? He can be a dick sometimes. Who on Chicago will be our sparkplug?:handclap:

His yapping didn`t help, what hurt them more was a long standing and way too silly belief that by loading up, ya win.....that team looked more like one where the scenario of "too many kids in the sandbox and only one toy" took place

Let`s face it, the B`s did an absolutely amazing job in the neutral zone not allowing the Pens to have any speed when entering the Bruins zone, top that off with a bit of luck (which EVERY Cup team gets at some point) and timely scoring and a goalie who made THE save when needed.

The B`s are here again, 2nd time in 3 years, and I couldn`t be more pumped with being a Bruin fan.

Further, names like Krug/Hamilton/Spooner/Bartkowski, maybe more with Knight if he can stay healthy, Koko-Puffs in the system, future looks far brighter than it ever did under the old crew:yo:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I hope this series comes even remotely close to how awesome the Canucks series was. I HATED that Canuck team by the end of it with true passion. The pumping tires, the biting of Bergeron - that series had it all. I hope this series generates some great story lines.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I have a problem. I have been watching the games upstairs since game 7 against TO and not in my man cave. I was pissed they had lost games 5-6 to the Leafs so I thought a change in scenery would help us win ( I know, it means nothing to the outcome of the games, but whatever) Since that move we have lost 1 game. My dilema is now that its summer and hot as hell upstairs, do I dare go back to the cave, or sweat my balls off lol

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I have a problem. I have been watching the games upstairs since game 7 against TO and not in my man cave. I was pissed they had lost games 5-6 to the Leafs so I thought a change in scenery would help us win ( I know, it means nothing to the outcome of the games, but whatever) Since that move we have lost 1 game. My dilema is now that its summer and hot as hell upstairs, do I dare go back to the cave, or sweat my balls off lol

As Billy Idol mighta said..."sweat, Sweat, SWEAT!!!!"

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
His yapping didn`t help, what hurt them more was a long standing and way too silly belief that by loading up, ya win.....that team looked more like one where the scenario of "too many kids in the sandbox and only one toy" took place

Let`s face it, the B`s did an absolutely amazing job in the neutral zone not allowing the Pens to have any speed when entering the Bruins zone, top that off with a bit of luck (which EVERY Cup team gets at some point) and timely scoring and a goalie who made THE save when needed.

The B`s are here again, 2nd time in 3 years, and I couldn`t be more pumped with being a Bruin fan.

Further, names like Krug/Hamilton/Spooner/Bartkowski, maybe more with Knight if he can stay healthy, Koko-Puffs in the system, future looks far brighter than it ever did under the old crew:yo:
Certainly there were other factors, but Crosby hitting his best pal Bergeron, and trash talking with Chara & Rask fired up our best players and the rest of the team. It was huge I thought. Showed how dumb Crosby is.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Certainly there were other factors, but Crosby hitting his best pal Bergeron, and trash talking with Chara & Rask fired up our best players and the rest of the team. It was huge I thought. Showed how dumb Crosby is.

Long way to go before declaring him mature that`s for sure.....look no further than the owner of that team, eerily similar to Crosby when he played

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I actually feel bad for my place of employment. I've been doing a good job being focused and productive for the most part during the playoffs, but as of today, that all goes to ****.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
do you really need an answer to this question?
:sarcasm:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Respect the streak- sweat your balls off :laugh:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
7 months ago did anyone really expect we would be here at this point?

7months ago, Yes ( i stated back then that anything less than a conference finals appearance was a failure the way the rest of the east was playing).

but like paddington said, 3 months ago I was worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad