GDT: OMG!: 6/12 | SCF Game 1 | Boston Bruins @ Chicago Blackhawks| 8pm ET (7pm CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Nice GDT Alicat!

The Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 1939 and 1941, then didn’t win again until 1970 and 1972, then didn’t win again until 2011 and……..

Anybody see a trend?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Wednesday night can't get here soon enough-I so want these teams to play a game because I want something to discuss that isn't speculation.

I so want the boys to do well and kick the Hawks' a%#**.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
Fantastic GDT!
This series has all the makings of being epic. Even after all we have seen with this B's team, there may be more to come! I can hardly wait.
Go Bruins!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Nice GDT Alicat!

The Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 1939 and 1941, then didn’t win again until 1970 and 1972, then didn’t win again until 2011 and……..

Anybody see a trend?

How freaking weird is that?

IF we win this, I suspect it might be the last one in my life. :laugh:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
**** chief keef
**** the cubs
**** the bears
**** the blackhawks

go bruins

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Nice GDT Alicat!

Anybody see a trend?

31 years to winning a double, then 41 years to winning a double (let's hope),... holy crap, will the next be 51 years? :(

Ahh, forget 51 years, let's just get this double. Win It!

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
great GDT!

...i didn't see this posted elsewhere, so i'm just copy/pasting my post from the Hawks board...I thought it was a neat article:

Neat story about Chara and Hoss:

Hossa, Chara put friendship aside for Final

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18350

There is a street in a small city in Western Slovakia that might have divided allegiances during the 2013 Stanley Cup Final.

On one side of the street in Trencin, Slovakia lives Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara. On the other side resides Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa.
“It's going to be really interesting,†Hossa said. “Obviously we are good friends. He's my neighbor. He lives right across the street. But this coming up two weeks, that has to go on the side and we just have to play the roles. I’m going to play my game, he's going to play his game. I'm sure right after we'll be friends again. It's going to be hard two weeks, hard battle. It's going to be also fun and I really looking forward to it.â€

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Love that you incorporated the logo transformations. Very cool GDT, well done as always :yo:

The Spoon will forever live in Bruins playoff lore :laugh:

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
My beloved B's over hawkchunks in four.
It won't seem that close, when all is said and done.

It will appear as more of a mercy killing, and CHI fans will flock to this forum to applaud the humanity and grace with which their team was quickly and painlessly dispatched.

It was not us - it was the team.

You're welcome.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Just win baby it will make the 2 day break much easier

And I won't be so on edge for game 2!!

Just need 1 in Chicago

Get it done.boys

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
#46 interview from media day on nhl network regarding original 6 was hilarious.

"I deedn't know it started wid 6. I been on Bruins a long time and met some great players like Poppy Orr, Ray Barek..." haha! :laugh:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

"I deedn't know it started wid 6. I been on Bruins a long time and met some great players like Poppy Orr, Ray Barek..." haha! :laugh:

"FIRST THIS SOFT EURO COMES TO THE CHL AND TAKES A SPOT AWAY FROM A GOOD OLE CANADIAN BOY WITHOUT KNOWING THE HISTORY OF THE NHL AND NOW HE DISRESPECTS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN LEAGUE HISTORY" - Don Cherry

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
"FIRST THIS SOFT EURO COMES TO THE CHL AND TAKES A SPOT AWAY FROM A GOOD OLE CANADIAN BOY WITHOUT KNOWING THE HISTORY OF THE NHL AND NOW HE DISRESPECTS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN LEAGUE HISTORY" - Don Cherry

Good thing Krejci isn't Swedish or this rant may have already happened :laugh:

criyi

Jun 9, 2013
Chicago, Il
**** chief keef
**** the cubs
**** the bears
**** the blackhawks

go bruins

What about the Bulls and the White Sox? If you're gonna say **** our teams at least include everyone.

Q is far from a stupid coach (2 finals in 3 years) and it's not stupid to change the lines. All Hawks fans know that when Q changes the lines they play better. It's happened time and time and time again.

Good Luck tomorrow, gonna be a great game. :yo:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I thought he called him Booby Orr at first. :laugh: I loved his interview, got to see the real French Fries:)

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I know that we're not supposed to compare series', but is anyone else (like me) not that scared of Chicago from an offensive standpoint? I really think Pittsburgh is a better offensive team. Now I'm not saying that means we'll lock down CHI like we did PITT, I'm just asking the question.

It seems like one of the overarching questions for this series is "How will Boston stop Chicago's offense?". Well they just stopped a better offense and besides Kane and Hossa, nobody on the Hawks scares me really. Idk, I'm just not scared of their offense "destroying" us.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
God i love this team. Roller coaster of emotions during the season but now i just know, dont question them unless there not gonna make playoffs.

Just need to out work the Hawks, when this team is on its A game I havent seen any team capable of beating them, specially in a 7 game series. Chicago is the class of the NHL this season and there gonna be damn hard to handle but we can do it.

Go B's

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ducks fan here saying good luck!

Really rooting for you guys in this one.

Go Bruins.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I know that we're not supposed to compare series', but is anyone else (like me) not that scared of Chicago from an offensive standpoint? I really think Pittsburgh is a better offensive team. Now I'm not saying that means we'll lock down CHI like we did PITT, I'm just asking the question.

It seems like one of the overarching questions for this series is "How will Boston stop Chicago's offense?". Well they just stopped a better offense and besides Kane and Hossa, nobody on the Hawks scares me really. Idk, I'm just not scared of their offense "destroying" us.
I really don't know what to expect. The little I did see of the LA -Chicago series wasn't that impressive, I felt the Bruins could be competitive against either team.Pittsburgh was absolutely horrible at times in their own zone and from what I hear Chicago is supposed to be pretty solid.So,it will likely be a low scoring series. I just hope we can get a split in Chicago and we will take it from there.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Nice GDT Alicat!

Anybody see a trend?

Did Ali do those GDTs too? This is a winner, Ali!

How can anybody sleep? I hope the boys are sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad