GDT: OMG!: 6/12 | SCF Game 1 | Boston Bruins @ Chicago Blackhawks| 8pm ET (7pm CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdz

May 22, 2013
SO PUMPED FOR THIS.

At work for the game. Still psyched to watch it.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Oops forgot my spoon. Contribootin.

spoon_power.jpg

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am starting to shake a little bit already. Going to be the longest day of our lives.

WildFinn*

Good luck guys!

Bruins style of play fits them naturally even if you dont like it in general, I would be more in the Hawks camp if looking at style only.

The Bruins players look committed and humble and they have the same core still.

Its a team game and i think your team deserves it most.

Also a great ending to the story to win it for the people living in Boston.

Boston Strong! :yo:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
#46 interview from media day on nhl network regarding original 6 was hilarious.

"I deedn't know it started wid 6. I been on Bruins a long time and met some great players like Poppy Orr, Ray Barek..." haha! :laugh:

I love Krejci but his pronunciations make us laugh. We still call Johnny Boychuck "Zshonny Bow-shuck" from hearing him say it. He also says Nathan like "Nate-Han" I assume Czech to English isn't all that easy.

I hope Krejci scores big but I have the feeling he is going to catch Chicago's defensive focus. I am pretty sure Quenneville is drawing up plans right now.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
great GDT!

...i didn't see this posted elsewhere, so i'm just copy/pasting my post from the Hawks board...I thought it was a neat article:

Neat story about Chara and Hoss:

Hossa, Chara put friendship aside for Final

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18350

I loved how when Chara was asked if he had any stories about Hossa from when they were kids and his response was, "what do you wanna know? I have A LOT, ask me a specific question, I might answer". Except then the reporters chickened out and never got to anything really good. He sounded like he was ready to throw him under the bus for some good kiddie shenanigans.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I know that we're not supposed to compare series', but is anyone else (like me) not that scared of Chicago from an offensive standpoint? I really think Pittsburgh is a better offensive team. Now I'm not saying that means we'll lock down CHI like we did PITT, I'm just asking the question.

It seems like one of the overarching questions for this series is "How will Boston stop Chicago's offense?". Well they just stopped a better offense and besides Kane and Hossa, nobody on the Hawks scares me really. Idk, I'm just not scared of their offense "destroying" us.

Uh, no. Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa scare me more than Crosby and Malkin did.

Xegiie

Oct 21, 2011
Czech republic
I love Krejci but his pronunciations make us laugh. We still call Johnny Boychuck "Zshonny Bow-shuck" from hearing him say it. He also says Nathan like "Nate-Han" I assume Czech to English isn't all that easy.

I hope Krejci scores big but I have the feeling he is going to catch Chicago's defensive focus. I am pretty sure Quenneville is drawing up plans right now.
its quite hard, im always trying british or US accent but it just sound even more silly, its same with russians you can hear their english accent from every one of em, summed up its really difficult to sound like you guys do :))

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Leaving for work right now, but I'll be off before the game starts. At least most of the day will be killed that way...still, I'm nervous about this one. I was nervous about playing Pittsburgh, but the blackhawks are even better.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This day is going to drag-while I wanted the lag so players could rest-it really drags out for the fans.

I am curious to see how the teams match up-not having them meet or play opponents in common really makes it difficult to predict. I just hope the focused Bruins team and the brick wall Rask show up tonight.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I have a really busy day ahead of me. Hope it helps not to watch at the clock every 5 minutes.

On a much sadder note, I will be missing the game 4 - have client meetings out of town and will be flying back in the evening.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I wish I had it in me to write a pre-game speech again to pump you all up like I tried to at the beginning of the playoffs. But my nerves are shot right now. Who knows, it may still come at some point before the game.

In any case, let's start that next dynasty tonight. 2 titles in 3 years. I like the sound of that. :yo:

nitric

German Engineering
May 23, 2011
Rhode Island
Guys, I feel sick. Too anxious.

^^^ Dying right now over that office gif "Oh my god Its happening" lmao. Seriously how we all feel!!

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
So what's everyone up to tonight? Quiet nights in with the fam? Sitting around the camp fire? Walking the beach? Watching Chara shut down Kane & Toews to the point where frustration sets in and they get sent to their rooms for timeout? Hitting up the driving range? Writing your senator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad