Olympics 2026 qualification

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Contract for Tatar. I also think Slafkovsky could say no unless Montreal inks him to an 8 year extension this summer. Why risk anything? Anyways he owes Slovak NT nothing, he already gave them a lot. I guess Nemec, Fehy and Cernak could go. Would be nice. As for Ruzicka and Pospisil, Ruzicka is still bitter through Cajkovsky. Pospisil and his brother have both clashed with Ramsey and the federation.
Seems like you forgot the most important thing. Players actually dream about representing their nation in Olympics, that's why they go to the qualification games. Was there any NHL guys missing last time?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Seems like you forgot the most important thing. Players actually dream about representing their nation in Olympics, that's why they go to the qualification games. Was there any NHL guys missing last time?
Ruzicka was the only guy who was an “NHLer” that played and that was before he had a real quarrel with the NT. So yes, most of the NHL players did not go.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Becuse the Russia - Ukraine thing?
Yep... in theory, the rule in France is an athlete cannot be called in national team if he/she signed their contract after February 2022. Da Costa signed his current contract last April.

In comparison, volleyball libero Jenia Grebennikov still plays with the national team as his contract with Zenit St. Petersburg was signed in 2021. Meanwhile basketball player Thomas Heurtel who signed in September 2022 for Zenit hasn't been called since. But then the French NA has mentioned they are trying to find a way to justify bringing him back for the Paris Olympics.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Here is how the French roster should look like. Not necessarily the one I would go with but what French wisdom (I know) would dictate. Lines are my own (there is a reason why I stopped playing manager games).

Texier - Leclerc - Fabre
T. Bozon - Boudon - Dubé
Treille - Claireaux - Perret
Bertrand - Bellemare - Rech
K. Bozon

Auvitu - Gallet
Chakiachvili - Guebey
Spinozzi - Boscq
Thiry

Junca
Ylönen
Papillon

If you have to go through the depth charts to fill holes up, then it would be Keller in the net. On the blueline, Crinon and Llorca are next. Beyond them, I would rather see Bozon gamble on youngsters like Delmas, Eyre or Tournier than some Ligue Magnus guys that never played an IIHF event before. In front, Addamo, Bougro and Simonsen are the obvious ones to call first. Then would come Ritz, Valier, Farnier and Tomasino and maybe Dair and Koudri.

Sadly, it is an unequivocal no.
Excellent - I have Junca as the number one with Keller as a potential 3.
Your forwards are pretty much spot on although I believe if Addamo is available, he's there. D is on the money I think.

Bonus points to the parents that named their kid Quentin Tomasino...

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Excellent - I have Junca as the number one with Keller as a potential 3.
Your forwards are pretty much spot on although I believe if Addamo is available, he's there. D is on the money I think.

Bonus points to the parents that named their kid Quentin Tomasino...
I would also have Keller as 3. Papillon was supposed to fight for 1 with Junca once Buysse was to retire but instead lost 2 to Ylönen. And with Keller and then Neckar, he may end up falling further.

I definitely would take Addamo as well. But who do you leave behind considering seniority is often worth more to the French NT staff? I actually didn't realise before there is little depth on the left.

The D corps is kind of easy as it has always been shallow in France.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I would also have Keller as 3. Papillon was supposed to fight for 1 with Junca once Buysse was to retire but instead lost 2 to Ylönen. And with Keller and then Neckar, he may end up falling further.

I definitely would take Addamo as well. But who do you leave behind considering seniority is often worth more to the French NT staff? I actually didn't realise before there is little depth on the left.

The D corps is kind of easy as it has always been shallow in France.
Not an easy call... I haven't had as good a read on how Rech , Claireaux and Bertrand are ageing. If I had to pick now? I'd remove K Bozon

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Ruzicka was the only guy who was an “NHLer” that played and that was before he had a real quarrel with the NT. So yes, most of the NHL players did not go.
I don't remember about Slovakia but I remember that there was pretty much all the possible stars like Kopitar, Björkstrand, Ehlers, Zuccarello

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
ha - right.. Forgot about that. So maybe Rech? He's dropped into Ligue Magnus now..
Slept on it

He has. Tough season for him last year. Decided planning for after his playing days and go for a 3-year contract with Rouen instead of going for bottom lines minutes somewhere else. I wouldn't hold it against him yet as he is often one of the better players at the Worlds.

Claireaux was supposed to do the same but kind of went "so long, suckers" on the Dragons and joined Vítkovice. Logic in France is if a player gets a contract in a top European league, he still got it (Switzerland kind of being the exception as most French players there have a Swiss player license so they don't count towards the foreign contingent).

I don't really follow the DEL. Bertrand has lower numbers compared to last season but the all of Ingolstadt team got the same issue. Kind of surprising they still hold the cards for a playoff spot with such a poor offense. Did well last May and looked good last weekend. So would be tempted to keep him on.

If I had to put a question mark on someone, it would be Treille. He is still a good player by Ligue Magnus standards but Grenoble's veterans haven't been their best this season. It was particularly evident during the Continental Cup's third round at home. They played 3 identical games, shooting from afar, never disturbing in the crease, no willingness to adapt. It was one embarrassing performance. I have my doubts he still got what it would take to be decisive in such an important tournament. Glad Fleury is not in the picture anymore for international play.

Of course, all depends on whether Bellemare feels like he has the energy for it or not. End of summer dates should help but, if not, it would solves the question.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Apparently, they've invited Hungary to the Bratislava group.

Slovakia
Kazakhstan
Austria
Hungary

Latvia
France
Slovenia
Ukraine

Denmark
Norway
Great Britain
Japan

Kazakhstan goes to Olympics expectations from me.

France goes to Olympics expectations from me.

Great Britain or Japan goes to Olympics expectations from me.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kazakhstan goes to Olympics expectations from me.

France goes to Olympics expectations from me.

Great Britain or Japan goes to Olympics expectations from me.
1708356820709.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad