Great Britain: Olympic Qualifiers (Latvia)

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
Ahh they finally showed a replay lol Fleury put his hands up and jumepd backwards... I've seen him dive like 5 times this game already lol

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
Is he related to Marc-Andre Fleury? :sarcasm:

Quick! To the ESPN knows hockey thread! I wish I could use photoshop :laugh:

I was laughing my ass off at the commentators after it though. They acted like he just threw a good ole fashion Scott Stevens or young Dion Phaneuf hit :laugh:

Pure entertainment

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
All over. 4-2 to France.

Great final period from the boys. Upped the intensity and the Dowd line worked their b******* off.

Still very proud of them. :handclap:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
WC could be streamed for some games. Good results for us and positive going forward. If we can keep qualifying for this stage of the Olympic qualifiers and take these teams closer then it's very good.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Agreed. Regrettably, building new ice rinks is low on the priority list during the deepest recession for nearly a century... :(

I've said it several times now, player numbers and ice rinks isn't really an excuse anymore. We have more rinks and players than nations like Denmark and of course Latvia but they can still produce NHL talent and we can't, so it makes you wonder why is that?
A lot of it is down to development, coaching isn't too shabby but actual ice time is the big one. Junior leagues play less than 20 games a season, even if a player is good enough to play for the higher age group that's still less than 40 while kids in other countries play a lot more than that. And most are not on the ice for more than 3 hours per week. There's also a lack of competitive games at the junior level, games are often won by an excess of 10 goals so this makes it boring and a lot of kids quit.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What's the funding like for GB hockey compared to other countries like France and Latvia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad