Great Britain: Olympic Qualifiers (Latvia)

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
1.quality of our prospects is improving,for example for 2014 we have 2 possible 1st round talents and several 2nd /3rd round talents,i wont go into details,thats why there is section "latvian prospects" by this i mean there is a clear progress to have high hopes for future
2. I dont see any improvent in GB hockey,small number of rinks,almost no exposure and lack of popularity,also small number of reg. Players for country with 60 mil. ppl

That isn't proof, that is hypothetical.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
2nd time this game a poor decision has led to a goal against.

Combine that with not taking our chances in the first and that's GB out.

And again a missed slashing call on Owen. Lyle stops a Fleury rocket on the breakaway.

If we had the right programme and facilities in place there is no reason one day we could be a top hockey nation.

Period 2 3-0 to France. It's going to take a miracle, a couple of lucky bounces for us to get anything out of this one.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
And again a missed slashing call on Owen. Lyle stops a Fleury rocket on the breakaway.

If we had the right programme and facilities in place there is no reason one day we could be a top hockey nation.

Period 2 3-0 to France. It's going to take a miracle, a couple of lucky bounces for us to get anything out of this one.

I've pretty much accepted it's over.

a few players lost their heads after the bad calls. If that kill with Owen and Myers was mid-period instead of at the end it could have given them a chance to build momentum though.

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK

It's over.

To keep it respectable, get a goal, that'll be all there is.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
It's over.

To keep it respectable, get a goal, that'll be all there is.

Well given the number of players we have, the rinks and everything else I think this is still a pretty creditable effort.

But as I said earlier if we could see the way other sports have moved forward and which we are now the world power at , no reason we couldn't repeat the dose with ice hockey.

Given time of course.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
You're always going to take lots of penalties against a superior team

Not always. A half decade or more ago (I can't remember) we had a very well disciplined hockey team, not necessarily good, but a well disciplined one. And we even managed to be one of the top or top team with least penalty minutes during a World Championship (can't remember the year). That changed soon. Now we are back on making penalties all the time, especially on teams like Canada, Finland, who simply punish you for every folly you make. I believe discipline was very strong in 2009, when we beat Sweden. The key success of weaker teams is a completely stoic gameplay.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Puck loose in the crease but Peacock cannot capitalize.

Clarke hooked by Morant. PP for us. Farmer with a real chance in the slot takes too long. Saved by Lhenry.

Peacock scores...... Yessssss.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you Robert Lachowicz....

Goooooaaaaallllllllllllllll:yo::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad