Great Britain: Olympic Qualifiers (Latvia)

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

It's a useless article, although some truth to it does exist.

In a saturated and competitive sporting landscape, hockey, a sport that requires more funds and facilities than nearly any other sport, is by that sense illogical.

Economics will always hold the sport back.

The question is, why are so many of you insecure enough to be affected by his piece and views on the sport? Ignorance is a trait applied by us all to some activities/topics we niether understand or observe.

Enjoy the sport and move on.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
It's a useless article, although some truth to it does exist.

In a saturated and competitive sporting landscape, hockey, a sport that requires more funds and facilities than nearly any other sport, is by that sense illogical.

Economics will always hold the sport back.

The question is, why are so many of you insecure enough to be affected by his piece and views on the sport? Ignorance is a trait applied by us all to some activities/topics we niether understand or observe.

Enjoy the sport and move on.

Because his ignorant views will turn away potential fans.

Someone who has never seen a hockey game before will read that article and think "gosh, that sport sounds terrible"

It's been said many times, if this guy had not written the article so poorly and not with the sole intention of bashing the sport, people would have actually agreed with some of his views.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Because his ignorant views will turn away potential fans.

Someone who has never seen a hockey game before will read that article and think "gosh, that sport sounds terrible"

It's been said many times, if this guy had not written the article so poorly and not with the sole intention of bashing the sport, people would have actually agreed with some of his views.

Maybe it is just me, but i judge a sport on viewings rather than an assumed uninformed article on one game.

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
Maybe it is just me, but i judge a sport on viewings rather than an assumed uninformed article on one game.

Agreed, but at least on a subconscious level you'll be disinclined to give something a chance if you've read negative impressions on it elsewhere... it's human nature. Read "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad