Olympics: Olympic Pre-Qualification Round 3 (6-9 February 2020)

Which three teams will advance to the final qualification round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
When you assert X is true because of Y, you have an affirmative duty to prove Y. You assert that players didn't show up because no one cared. It's like in a crime case. If you say "John did it." I don't need to prove that Larry did it. I just need to prove that anyone but John could have done it. In this case, it's not like I need to prove "everyone cared" in order to disprove "no one cared", I just need to prove that some people cared.
No, it's not like that at all. This is a discussion board, not a trial. You can go with whatever it is you believe to be the likeliest explanation, and I can believe something else. Nobody's going to jail here.

The Hungarian poster just explained their guys who weren't injured we allowed to go, same with the Polish ones playing locally, no doubt. If you want to believe something else, that's fine. Yes, there could be numerous other reasons. I go with the one which seems the likeliest to me. I never said "doesn't care" as it implies they don't care at all. What I have said is "doesn't take seriously [as opposed to WC, for example]" which I still believe to be the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad