Olympics: Olympic Pre-Qualification Round 3 (6-9 February 2020)

Which three teams will advance to the final qualification round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Current score in Poland - Kazakhstan game made me tune in haha

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Host of the Olympics shouldn't automatically participate in the Games. I'd really like to know how a team made of North American players will make hockey popular in China.

Whole team?

Tam
Bartley
Jaw
Yuen
Cory Kane
Yip
Lockhart
Squires

I count to 8, did i miss someone?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
That goalie must have wondered why he even got dressed. He could have been on his smartphone for 95% of the game and nothing would have really changed.

Kari Lehtonen attitude for entire game would have been good.

gty-188033694.jpg

Reactions: Michal

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Wohoo, that's good news for icehockey, Poland beats KAZ and goes to the next round. Murray with 51 saves.

Reactions: Michal

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I wonder how many kid's practices the money they paid someone like Dawes could have funded.

Well, yes, but more money for kids could mean better kids and in country like Kazahstan better kids usually means "I will do everything to play for Russia U-XX".

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, yes, but more money for kids could mean better kids and in country like Kazahstan better kids usually means "I will do everything to play for Russia U-XX".
Not really... Sergiyenko was probably the last guy worth mentioning who did that. None of the new generation have though and some of those are really good. I mean sure there is always some risk in it but something like Belarus seems to be dealing fairly ok with it.

Reactions: pukovnik

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I just figured out now that Polish goalie is former Partizan Belgrade goalie from their glory days in slohokej liga.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Holy shit

Good job Poland, you guys really cheered me up today

Coincidentally, it's going to be a lot less challenging for Latvia to qualify now.

Reactions: kabidjan18

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
That's completely wrong. You don't do that to have two real good players who might end up playing for Russia or getting terribly injured, but to have 3 other guys that might step in and then 3 more and so on. Fear of unlikely failure shouldn't be a reason not to try and as long as you try something good will happen.

What use does team Croatia have of a great player like Rendulić if he can't play for them? They need Janković, Šakić and others to be good

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just figured out now that Polish goalie is former Partizan Belgrade goalie from their glory days in slohokej liga.
Yeah that guy really hung in there to play hockey professionally.. Probably the highlight of his whole career today.

Funny enough, he was the only import Poles used as well. It wasn't even close to the best Polish roster, in theory.

To be honest, it feels like very few countries are taking this OGQ seriously. Even Poles or Hungary didn't.

I don't think it's very surprising that he's on their team. He's basically the only interesting prospect in their system right now.

Yeah but again, he shouldn't be close to that role yet if this was actual best on best.

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Yeah that guy really hung in there to play hockey professionally.. Probably the highlight of his whole career today.

Funny enough, he was the only import Poles used as well. It wasn't even close to the best Polish roster, in theory.

To be honest, it feels like very few countries are taking this OGQ seriously. Even Poles or Hungary didn't.

Yeah but again, he shouldn't be close to that role yet if this was actual best on best.

Yes, e.g. Wronka, Bryk, Malasinski, Baginski, Pociecha and of course our NA prospects Lewandowski and Lyszczarczyk didn't play. Would you add someone else (as first team roster player)?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Holy ****

Good job Poland, you guys really cheered me up today

Coincidentally, it's going to be a lot less challenging for Latvia to qualify now.

Correct me if I am wrong, but unless Japan wins tonight as well, Poland is going to the Slovak qualification tournament and not Latvia's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad