GDT: Olympic Hockey part II (US Finishes 2nd, Advances to Quarterfinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Ivan's PP has 2 forwards behind the net setting up two guys at the point. No screens or movement. Really elementary level stuff.. and hardly worthy of the talent they have. If they are going to play that way it doesn't matter if they have Malkin or Datsyuk or Johnny Boogerwad playing back there. Pass left or pass right. Shoot. Repeat.

Expecting this team to get bounced real soon

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Ivan's PP has 2 forwards behind the net setting up two guys at the point. No screens or movement. Really elementary level stuff.. and hardly worthy of the talent they have. If they are going to play that way it doesn't matter if they have Malkin or Datsyuk or Johnny Boogerwad playing back there. Pass left or pass right. Shoot. Repeat.

Expecting this team to get bounced real soon

I could see Rask and the Fins taking them out next round.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
After the USA embarassment in front of Putin, i figured Radulov would be taken to the gulag.. not double shifted the rest of the tourny.

As Pens fans we should be happy. Malkin is going to be rested and well pissed off when he returns.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
After the USA embarassment in front of Putin, i figured Radulov would be taken to the gulag.. not double shifted the rest of the tourny.

As Pens fans we should be happy. Malkin is going to be rested and well pissed off when he returns.

Just imagine how irked he'll be having, Crosby, Kunitz, Orpik, and Martin poking jabs at him if either Canada or USA win gold. How about the USA chants at the first home game when they get back?

I love all the respect Miller got when they played their first game back in 2010.

Sorry. Geno, you better win gold or you'll be in for a earful. If that's not enough motivation for him, God help him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
According to Ken Campbell of the hockey news, Kunitz is back with Sid. It's Kunitz, Sid, Bergeron with Benn moving down with Getzlaf and Perry. It seems to me that they are turning Sid's line into the shut down line. Let the other teams match their best players against Sid, and then let Getz, Toews, and Tavares lines do the scoring.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Just imagine how irked he'll be having, Crosby, Kunitz, Orpik, and Martin poking jabs at him if either Canada or USA win gold. How about the USA chants at the first home game when they get back?

I love all the respect Miller got when they played their first game back in 2010.

Sorry. Geno, you better win gold or you'll be in for a earful. If that's not enough motivation for him, God help him.

From everything i heard the players don't needle other players about winning in the Olympics, it means to much to the players to joke about it.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
What the hell is team Russia's infatuation with Radulov. He is on the ice 24/7 it seems.
Its crazy. The guy is the Russian Ray Ferraro and gets treated like he's Makarov.

Today was another unimpressive win and I think FIN is going to hand them their ass.

Also another April type of game by Alex Semin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad