GDT: Olympic Hockey part II (US Finishes 2nd, Advances to Quarterfinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
rocky-drago.jpg

Michael8771*

These are my two favorite teams in the Tournament. This is a really tough decision for me. Based on what happened in game one I think the U.S. has the advantage, more quality depth and speed. Russia's home so that'll rev them up. Should be interesting. I say 5-3 USA.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
6-5 US

-- Orpik a -5 :naughty:
-- Ovi a -6 :naughty:
-- Geno, 5 goals, including 2 shorties :naughty:
-- Trailing 5-0 after the first, Lavs turns heel, chair shots Bylsma, knocking him out, and leads the US to the comeback.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Don't be ridiculous, Kirk. Bylsma is too hard headed to get knocked out, they'd have to lock him somewhere.

I'm betting on a pretty solid result for the US, 5-2 or 4-2.

Sorry for maybe jinxing you guys. :innocent:

The Big Dawg*

i hope we completely dismantle these scum bags. 10-1, a goal for geno.....maybe.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Don't be ridiculous, Kirk. Bylsma is too hard headed to get knocked out, they'd have to lock him somewhere.

I'm betting on a pretty solid result for the US, 5-2 or 4-2.

Sorry for maybe jinxing you guys. :innocent:

I'm betting on that too. And, I'm not a Russia fan. I'm a Geno fan. And, I feel badly for him, because, if you took him off that team, then it pretty much sucks.

Only things Russia has going for it . . .

Goaltending can steal a game
Third line of Kule-Anisomov-Tarasenko is legit
Geno is good, but having him with Ovi and Semin doesn't help

Conversely, the US team is just deep and not using the Pens system. :naughty:

The Big Dawg*

When I think of ''scum bags'' I think of Team Canada or to a lesser extent Team Sweden.

when i said scum bags i was basically referring to couple of players on Team Russia that i absolutely cannot stand. Plus i don't like Russians in general.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Since I'm off tomorrow, I'm debating doing one of two things:

1-Pulling an all-nighter, then going to sleep after the US/Russia game.
2-Waking up early for it.

Oddly enough, since I'm a night owl and really suck at waking up early, option 1 is actually more appealing to me.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd consider team Australia as scum also, but unfortunately they don't have a team.:sarcasm:

Don't remind me.

Although there are other 'perks', like not having to wake up at 7:30am to watch the US/Russia game. :naughty:

Michael8771*

Since I'm off tomorrow, I'm debating doing one of two things:

1-Pulling an all-nighter, then going to sleep after the US/Russia game.
2-Waking up early for it.

Oddly enough, since I'm a night owl and really suck at waking up early, option 1 is actually more appealing to me.
We are on the same page! I'll be up all night myself, can't wait for that game!!!! I'm a night owl. Night time is the right time!:handclap::nod:

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
when i said scum bags i was basically referring to couple of players on Team Russia that i absolutely cannot stand. Plus i don't like Russians in general.

I'm sure that concerns them greatly. Everyone wants to be liked by the The Big Dawg.

The Big Dawg*

Completely off topic here but Root Sports is showing Portland Winterhawks vs Kamloops Blazers WHL game right now if anyone is interested in watching our boy Derrick Pouliot. He's number 51. (only 10 mins left in the game though)

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Oh those Russians and their attitudes during international events...even Geno stuffing Kovalchuk's goal back into the net was annoying. Slovenia fellas - let's dial it down a notch.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oh those Russians and their attitudes during international events...even Geno stuffing Kovalchuk's goal back into the net was annoying. Slovenia fellas - let's dial it down a notch.

Well, Geno is annoying. Not Despres annoying, but . . . :naughty:

BTW, Russia would be a lot better off if Malkin and Ovi were with Kulemin and Datsyuk and Kovalchuk were with Tarasenko. No knock on Semin or Radulov, but my goal in putting together Malkin-Ovi and Datsyuk-Kovalchuk duos would be to maximize what the duos can do by giving them the most ideal complement, not constructing a line from a fantasy hockey book. Just saying . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad