Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
2afe0b1a67354888904aa55246bac90d.png

So that part is good

wow. that also means we have two prospects in two senior european leagues simultaneously breaking decades long records for offensive output by u20 players. i wouldn't count out heskainen overtaking juolevi again, but what both of them are doing is record setting.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
His 2nd assist shows the ability that he has with a no look cross pass.

His 3rd assist was just luck as he wasn't even trying to pass it to the guy.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

dont u just love it when u thought u were recording the game but nope? (missed the first assist.)
loved the second assist

really smart play with the puck esp when it comes to an outlet pass in his own zone,
he plays safe and simple consistently.
able to find that open man for the most part
like to do a lot of tip pass in clear attempt (without icing the puck).
doesnt crumble as often as i'd imagined when he's trying to clear (when he has the puck)
can skate away with the puck if needed when being pressured
could use some better option in puck clearing attempt as u can see in some shifts, he tries to swing the puck around but cant get pass the blueline
having said that, when he's being pressured or trying to take the puck away, im still a bit shaking my head. . still seen somewhat weak when being forchecked

used to be super downer but the last 2-3 games has been cautiously optimistic for sure!

Last edited:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Only saw the last period but it was a beautiful thing. I still remember how raw he was once we got in and now he's one of our cornerstones in the back end - and that's one helluva D with Tallinder, Heikkinen, Eronen, Ekeståhl-Johsson and the recently added Mark Fraser.

Excellent news. Good to see him producing offence like I know he can. Absolutely dirty cross-ice pass. His Vision/Playmaking is fantastic.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The real question is how is he defensively so far

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
At this stage, any positive results from OJ are welcome.

Agree. I don’t really know how to gauge the quality of his results in the Liiga but they have to be better than the slop he showed here at camp.

Looking forward to WJC and hopefully a good showing there.

CroatianCanuck

Jul 11, 2008
Vancouver
Juolevi's hockey IQ can be seen in his 2nd assist. No look pass. So good. I think the kid will be fine in the NHL. It will come with confidence. As he gets comfortable and matures I think he will be a really good D man.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Heading in a positive direction. This is good

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
TPS crushed 1-6, good thing I had other things to do and didn't watch that debacle.
Good thing though: 5 of those SaiPa goals were 5on5, and Juolevi was on the ice for zero of them. He also had the third most icetime of all the Dmen. So considering the game's outcome he was good statswise.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
It's laughable that people still lament the Tkachuk non-pick. As if the Canucks as a team led by the Sedins and with zero grit apart from Gudbranson and Dorsett could have a player like Tkachuk running around and begging for a response.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
It's laughable that people still lament the Tkachuk non-pick. As if the Canucks as a team led by the Sedins and with zero grit apart from Gudbranson and Dorsett could have a player like Tkachuk running around and begging for a response.

Total red herring. Tkachuk had an outstanding rookie season and is looking very good this season, he is by far the better player at this point in time and was the consensus pick at the spot we were drafting.

I'm happy Juolevi seems to be improving but until he proves himself the better NHL player (unlikely, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility) this was a massive draft blunder. People can and will lament it, as well they should.

Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Nah, the outright dismissal of a player's potential fit (playing style, character, etc.) with an organization and how that can impact both their own development and the team's overall chemistry is rather the lesson that needs to be learned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad