Olli Jokinen

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I focused on him a little bit last night, and he seems to be good at making the right plays with the puck, he was constantly monitoring where his linemates and d-men were or were skating to in order to make a pass. I liked how he kept his eyes on where his team mates where and setting up others.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I focused on him a little bit last night, and he seems to be good at making the right plays with the puck, he was constantly monitoring where his linemates and d-men were or were skating to in order to make a pass. I liked how he kept his eyes on where his team mates where and setting up others.
The amount of hate for him from some people is completely absurd.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

To me, he isn't flashy and he isn't going to make highlight reel plays, but he seems to be very deliberate with his actions and setting up his teammates. It looked like was thinking two actions ahead of his next move. I dunno, my thought was - he is filling a stability role for his linemates and that is important.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville

Agreed, its not ALL about pts. He does things and has responsibilities that the guys that do get points dont have.
He does his job well. Rarely ever makes a mistake. I love his play personally

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
To me, he isn't flashy and he isn't going to make highlight reel plays, but he seems to be very deliberate with his actions and setting up his teammates. It looked like was thinking two actions ahead of his next move. I dunno, my thought was - he is filling a stability role for his linemates and that is important.

Playing on a line that features Fisher,Cullen and Roy I'm not so sure how much his stability is needed.

Personally I think the guy is done. He does seem to think the game well and he has been solid on the PK and we are winning. He isn't hurting anything for sure but it's hard not to say you couldn't bring up someone like Watson and he couldn't do the same thing for cheaper.

Anyways the horse has been beaten to death. My view is as long as we are winning his one point every 25 games is acceptable. However if the first two lines go through a stretch where they really start struggling I'd hope he'd turn the offensive side of the game on a bit.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Agreed, its not ALL about pts. He does things and has responsibilities that the guys that do get points dont have.
He does his job well. Rarely ever makes a mistake. I love his play personally
And this is why he'll always get my vote over Roy until proven otherwise. I really have no issue with Jokinen what so ever. He could easily have 6 or 7 points this season, but the puck luck hasn't been on his side. He hasn't been in an offensive role so he hasn't had any chance to get a scoring feel or scoring rhythm but it doesn't mean he's invisible out there. His positives outweigh his negatives, of which there aren't many IMO.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
And this is why he'll always get my vote over Roy until proven otherwise. I really have no issue with Jokinen what so ever. He could easily have 6 or 7 points this season, but the puck luck hasn't been on his side. He hasn't been in an offensive role so he hasn't had any chance to get a scoring feel or scoring rhythm but it doesn't mean he's invisible out there. His positives outweigh his negatives, of which there aren't many IMO.

It does seem that for the most part and with the exception of the game he scored that nothing really happens on his line. Due to that, I'd like to see just 1 game without him and if in the 1 game without him we have meltdowns on that line, I will be happy to agree with you, but as of now I see him as nothing but being dead weight on that line.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Glad I'm not alone on my opinion of Jokinen

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Well said and I couldn't agree more. Glad I'm not alone on my opinion of Jokinen

I too like his game. I don't know if he's having a lot of pressure for not being able to score, but it's not showing if you look at his concistecy out there.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Bump.

Jokinen has 1 point through 27 games, which is surprising since he seems to be getting chances. Last night he had an open cage versus the Avs, but Pickard was able to make a glove save from the goal line.

I know you guys (Preds fans) may have debated this subject to death, but how the hell is this even possible? He did have 43 points last season.

As a neutral highlight-reel observer he at least seems to be creating some chances to his line-mates, but nothing will go in. At least the Preds as a team are doing well. Is it because of this that Jokinen isn't criticized more, or is he useful in purposes other than scoring?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Bump.

Jokinen has 1 point through 27 games, which is surprising since he seems to be getting chances. Last night he had an open cage versus the Avs, but Pickard was able to make a glove save from the goal line.

I know you guys (Preds fans) may have debated this subject to death, but how the hell is this even possible? He did have 43 points last season.

As a neutral highlight-reel observer he at least seems to be creating some chances to his line-mates, but nothing will go in. At least the Preds as a team are doing well. Is it because of this that Jokinen isn't criticized more, or is he useful in purposes other than scoring?

He's probably one of the most hated players on the team this year. There are several who like his defensive play, but just as many who do not like him and feel his spot could be used on someone better.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Bump.

probably both. if we were .500 and in 6th place in the division people would be screaming for him to be waived. But he probably does provide things that dont show up on the scoresheet, and as long as we are winning thats probably good enough

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Bump.

Sure, but..... he's doing the little things, playing D, setting up his linemates..... :shakehead

my theory is we have that stinker of a contract for Nystrom, and had an even worse one for Hendricks - and since 0lli is only signed for a year we're all still breathing a sigh of relief! :naughty:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
He has been performing below his career level of expectations on the ice for most of this season. If we ever get into a slump in the standings, he may be the first "adjustment" we make.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00