Olli Jokinen

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Olli Jokinen points totals

What do you guys figure that he will get points wise this year?

Who is he slotted to play with?

Is he expected to play on the first power play unit?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
To be perfectly honest none of us know where hes going to play. There are so many variables going into camp not to mention a new coach. He has been penciled in on every line by different people here. Personally I think he plays top 6 and gets PP time but with who is the question.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
^^ agree with Byrddog, who knows.

If I were to guess, I'd say he starts off on the 2nd line:
Wilson - Roy - Jokinen

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I guess a good comp is his year with Winnipeg last season. He's projected to be a 3C here as well. That's about all I got.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'll guess:

Neal-Ribeiro-Smith
Wilson-Roy-Jokinen
Cullen-Jarnkrok-Stalberg
Bourque-Gaustad-Nystrom

Then Fisher comes back and all hell breaks loose

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
12 goals and 19 assists for 31 points while playing on our third line with some second team PP minutes. He will probably play in 65 games or so.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
He was better last year in Winnipeg - so who knows. I'm still a little puzzled by the whole Roy-Ribiero-Jokinen thing.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I don't think we see Smith and Neal on the same line.

Neal-Ribiero-Wilson
Smith-Roy-Cullen
Jarnkrok-Jokinen-Forsberg
Bourque-Gaustad-Nystrom

Stalberg is the odd man out as is Clune.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I agree, I don't think we have a clue.

Even the combos in training camp last year that were standouts, either didn't exist in the regular season, or just dissipated into nothingness........

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Nice support player. I like his hustle. Thinks the game fairly well. Guess it comes with the territory of being a veteran of this game. Don't think his hands are where they used to be, but I think another assessment at the 20 game mark might yield more conclusive analysis.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Solid vet so far, no glaring mistakes.
Likes to shoot and hopefully they'll start going in.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He's a good fit and has been a steady presence in the lineup so far. Would actually like to see him get some more offensive opportunities if our top lines don't start putting more pucks in the net.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
He's a good fit and has been a steady presence in the lineup so far. Would actually like to see him get some more offensive opportunities if our top lines don't start putting more pucks in the net.

I really liked Olli when he played for the Jets. His first season was a bit of a downer, but his second season you really saw what he can do.

Plus there are all the funny GIF's of him!

tumblr_muspetBUcv1rqt2z0o1_250.gif

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Took my 14yo son to a practice and the first thing he said was "is that the waffle guy!". He was so excited to see him up close. He may not have a ton of points but he has been a very good player on the ice. I have yet to see him make a bad turnover and his PK ability is very good. We will look back and say that 2.5m was well spent on him this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad