Olli Jokinen

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
I for one think he has been playing good and putting in a lot of effort. Very little to no mistakes on the defensive side. And his line is putting up pressure, just unfortunately no results yet. If we were losing id be worried, but we are winning. No need to mess with the roster just because he doesn't have a point. He's also a veteran and a leader and we need that in this team.. I personally think he's been better than Nystrom, Beck, and Bourque. Maybe even Goose

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
...He just had arguably the worst game of the season this past game against his most recently-former team. If it wasn't the worst, then the one before in Saint Louis was a fair candidate for that part.

At his best - against the Yotes and in the opener against Ottawa - he was merely "average" for him. He hasn't had more than three shots on goal since the opener. Yes, he's had a handful of five-plus shot attempt games, but in those over half (18 of 32, to be exact) didn't make it to the net.

Maybe he just needs to have his targeting "computer" readjusted, like RoboCop...

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I agree OJ has been playing hard and solidly defensively and a solid PKer. BUT lets be honest with ourselves he is playing as a winger and he wasn't brought in here to be a third line RW defensive wizard ( Is there even such a thing? lol) All the excuses in the world doesn't put the puck in the back of the net. Now that he is playing with some talent on the vet line let's see if they can pot a goal or two.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Colin "make it or break it" Wilson owes Olli a fruit basket for allowing people to overlook his <25 point pace.

I think Olli will get it going. He's mostly doing the right things, but just not finishing the few chances he is getting and you can tell it's starting to wear on him. The level of exasperation at not even being able to get decent empty net chances at the end of games is quite evident. I doubt he's ever had this kind of slump before.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Colin "make it or break it" Wilson owes Olli a fruit basket for allowing people to overlook his <25 point pace.

I think Olli will get it going. He's mostly doing the right things, but just not finishing the few chances he is getting and you can tell it's starting to wear on him. The level of exasperation at not even being able to get decent empty net chances at the end of games is quite evident. I doubt he's ever had this kind of slump before.
He sent one but Roy intercepted it and immediately turned it over.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I agree OJ has been playing hard and solidly defensively and a solid PKer. BUT lets be honest with ourselves he is playing as a winger and he wasn't brought in here to be a third line RW defensive wizard

So what? Adapt. Play him at that role he's doing so great.

And what comes to his points total. Having no goals with those opportunities is bad, but can you really blame Jokinen himself for having no assists, with all those sweet setups?

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
17 games, no points and averaging about 15 minutes TOI. If they need a 3rd line RW with good PK and defensive skills as well as offense mixed in might as well let Watson come up and play.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Like I said, messing with a roster just because someone isn't producing the numbers on a stat sheet (While we are winning) is not a good idea.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Like I said, messing with a roster just because someone isn't producing the numbers on a stat sheet (While we are winning) is not a good idea.

While this may be valid, I do think he should be the odd man out when Fisher returns. I know he won't be due to his veteran status, he should be for his useless status.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I've seen people are starting to refer to Ollie as 0llie

An*y *elm*re would be proud.

That's pretty good although on a cellphone screen it was initially hard to tell the difference..

I was thinking of The Donut Flow, or FlowZero

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
In more ways than one.

Doc Volde could have gone out on the ice and scored last night. ####, I could have gone out there and scored for the Preds last night. And I've got nine years on OJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad