Olli Jokinen

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
He's probably one of the most hated players on the team this year. There are several who like his defensive play, but just as many who do not like him and feel his spot could be used on someone better.

probably both. if we were .500 and in 6th place in the division people would be screaming for him to be waived. But he probably does provide things that dont show up on the scoresheet, and as long as we are winning thats probably good enough

I'm on this side of the table. He does the small things so well I don't mind his lack of point production, as long as we still win.

With a bit more luck he could have got 1+1 last game. Goal on that empty net chance and an assist from releasing Jones (It was Jones wasn't it?) to a partial breakaway.

Yes, another what if, but my point is that he's having chances and is creating them. Not scoring on his own chances is something we can argue if it's lack of luck or what, but like I've said before; can't blame him for not having an assist point with all those set ups

Don't get me wrong tho. We have good men for PK and hard working forwards, so if necessary, he's one of the first guys we should drop. That just isn't necessary at this point imo.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
He may not be scoring but I actually like Jokinen and think he brings some comic relief to the game/team.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
you'd like to believe that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a mild undisclosed injury

I was going off what some were saying on twitter, including Kristopher Martel.

While I know you don't know what the coach is thinking, I don't think Martel would say he was a healthy scratch if he wasn't.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Definitely a blow, late in career going from the first place team down 25 places ... got to be heartbreaking. He was on a one year contract with Preds, doubt he will be offered much by Toronto going forward. Almost resignation in his voice and seeing his career ending in that interview. Wish the guy the best.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Definitely a blow, late in career going from the first place team down 25 places ... got to be heartbreaking. He was on a one year contract with Preds, doubt he will be offered much by Toronto going forward. Almost resignation in his voice and seeing his career ending in that interview. Wish the guy the best.

Yeah too bad they just couldn't keep him even if it was just to sit on the side lines in order for him to get a chance on being on a team going to the playoffs and having a run for the Stanley cup this late in his career. I'm sure he probably would prefer that over getting sent to Toronto.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah too bad they just couldn't keep him even if it was just to sit on the side lines in order for him to get a chance on being on a team going to the playoffs and having a run for the Stanley cup this late in his career. I'm sure he probably would prefer that over getting sent to Toronto.

Im not so sure. I wondered when this trade happened which Jokinen would think was the worst, being a permascratch for a playoff team or getting to play every night for a team with no shot.

As it turns out the Leafs will probably try to flip him before the deadline, and although I have no idea what playoff contender would have a need for him, I actually hope he does get traded to an eastern team that makes the playoffs. I dont wish him any ill will and I can understand why he thinks he got the shaft here.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Im not so sure. I wondered when this trade happened which Jokinen would think was the worst, being a permascratch for a playoff team or getting to play every night for a team with no shot.

As it turns out the Leafs will probably try to flip him before the deadline, and although I have no idea what playoff contender would have a need for him, I actually hope he does get traded to an eastern team that makes the playoffs. I dont wish him any ill will and I can understand why he thinks he got the shaft here.

With their injuries this year, I could see him getting flipped back to Winnipeg.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Send him back to FLA - he still has plenty of ties there. He and Lou can have a nice reunion.

Then have the Panthers re-sign Bure to an honorary contract and my flashback to the late 90s will be complete. Heck, I'll even drag out my old Panters sweater from the box under the bed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00