Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One of the things Nadeau does so well is get to the net with or without the puck. And when he gets there, he knows what to do to keep pucks alive, finish in tight, or set up an open teammate.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Highlights from tonight -

(He's 12 in white.)

-Screen on GF1
-Scores GF3 by knocking in a rebound in front on his second attempt
-Scores GF4 by completing a deflection play from the LW corner while standing in front
-Sweeps the puck to Kidney to get the secondary on GF5

The "fight" isn't in the highlight package.

It bugs me that they don't put fights in the highlight package anymore.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see the 67's and Olympique have renewed their Alexandria Cup series - Nadeau has an early goal against Ottawa and Gatineau leads 1-0.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Start of the 2nd, still no tweet from Gatineau's twitter feed. The 67's crew going on about how fast Gatineau has played. It was nice to see Nadeau beating his man on that first goal and of course it's so very much a Nadeau goal to actually score on the rebound.

Edit - first shift for him in the 2nd period, he twice intercepts the puck in the LW corner, the second time feeding Riley Kidney who finishes the play from the mid-slot. Guess I picked the right game to watch...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hat trick and fourth point - tries to feed a puck on his backhand to a back post teammate but it catches the goalie and goes through 5-hole. He was, as often the case, a few feet from the goalie and right on the crease. Earlier in the shift, he won a puck along the wall to keep a cycle alive, feeding the point.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Hat trick and fourth point - tries to feed a puck on his backhand to a back post teammate but it catches the goalie and goes through 5-hole. He was, as often the case, a few feet from the goalie and right on the crease. Earlier in the shift, he won a puck along the wall to keep a cycle alive, feeding the point.
Re-draft you think he would make it into the 1st round or at least the 2nd?

I think the covid shortened seasoned kept this guy hidden from the scouts.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I don't know right now - I'd like to think he might go higher. He's a solid pro prospect because he plays well in high traffic areas with a frame that can work through it. But there are some others in that 3rd and 4th round who probably move up if scouts knew today what they were getting (Svozil, Sasha Pastujav, Del Mastro, Ufko, Savage, Duke, Roy if I just take a quick gander down that draft list). So... 🤷‍♂️ I don't want to just think he would because he's a Sabre pick. As a 20-year old, I want to see him really impose on the Q. This is his second explosive game, but I'd like to see him pushing into the scoresheet almost every night.

Edit - so yeah, probably more into the third round, but there are certainly a bunch of guys after him who have also been impressive and likely shuffle up as well.

Reactions: Faceboner

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

The Covid seasons are gonna have a lot of “he shoulda went higher” and “he went too high” picks. Every team gets a mulligan on missing because of what was going on

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
The Covid seasons are gonna have a lot of “he shoulda went higher” and “he went too high” picks. Every team gets a mulligan on missing because of what was going on
Ya, I saw some CHL sophomores played 20-30 games before they shut the season down and these guys were eligible to be drafted in 2020 when they shut down hockey. Scouting definitely going to play a major role in getting some late round steals.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
@barriers posted it over in the general prospects thread, but the Olympique with Nadeau:

22-2-1

Without him:

21-10-4

Some (perhaps even much) of that can also be attributed to how well Riley Kidney (22 games, 53 points since arriving) has integrated into the team and specifically on a line with Nadeau and yet he's still very much helping them win games. I'm at times low-key excited by what he does since it's now pretty unique among their draftees - low play around the net front, providing screens and deflections, cleaning up rebounds, and keeping pucks alive in heavy traffic locations. They don't have a lot of settled in-zone offensive players in the pipe so perhaps that's part of the attachment. I also caution myself that Luke Adam was also a productive Q scorer with heavier feet and look what happened there. But man... he plays a 200' game. He's good at outlets. He goes to the right places to defend as well as just camping out in front of the net.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Took a double minor that lead to two PPGA in a 4-3 loss to Sherbrooke tonight. For only the 2nd time since coming back from his shoulder surgery, he was blanked in consecutive games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad