Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gatineau's season ends with a 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Quebec Remparts. Olivier had 7 goals (4 on the PP) and 8 assists in 13 games. Quebec did a great job of taking him out of the series - he had one secondary assist in the four games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Decent read, thanks. It spectates that Nadeau could get into the lineup over someone like Passolt, which was my thinking too. He's more robust physically and has more of an established skill-set than other CHL "black aces" of the past.

Nothing against Nadeau, but if Warren is able to go, he likely jumps back into the lineup if he's able to play, same with Cederqvist.

Love what Nadeau does in traffic and how he knows his game is to be around the net but he's not shown himself to be a banger in the way any of those other three are.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I expect him to be a Black Ace and only get in a game if there are serious injury issues up front.

And even then, it's likely they will play one of their bazillion defensemen. They went 11/7 and one of the 11 was Passolt, who is an ECHL defenseman. Not to say after a few weeks of practice Nadeau doesn't work his way in, but I'd be very surprised to see anyone making their AHL debut in the divisional championship round or later.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

13. Olivier Nadeau, RW

1/15/2003 | 6-foot-2 | 204 pounds | Shoots right

Drafted: No. 97 in 2021
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: Below NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Analysis: Nadeau again was a strong scorer in the QMJHL wrapping up a good junior career. He is a big-body winger with skill. He can make flashy plays with the puck, but what makes me think he has a good chance to play NHL games is his direct style of play. He takes pucks to the net, and is quite adept at creating offense around the net. His skating will be the only issue, as he has a clunky stride, but I think he has a lot of the pieces of an NHL winger.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Another prospect becomes a suspect.
Huh? Writing off a 20 year old kid, who has 5 total pro games played and coming back from a nearly two month long injury seems..... premature. :huh:

Especially considering how the Sabres have dumped a few salaried veterans onto the Amerks roster lately.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad