Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Huh? Writing off a 20 year old kid, who has 5 total pro games played and coming back from a nearly two month long injury seems..... premature. :huh:

Especially considering how the Sabres have dumped a few salaried veterans onto the Amerks roster lately.
A fourth-rounder who doesn't look like a great skater. He's a long shot for the NHL. Going backwards to ECHL doesn't bode well.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Injury. He's coming back from an injury. Makes sense to get him going in Jacksonville. Now, if he stays down there for a month or two, then maybe worry.

Turning 21 in January. This is a Cliff Pu, Nick Baptiste, and Josh Bloom pick -- good junior careers not going anywhere in the NHL. We have hit on way too few of these mid-round picks. When prospects hit the ground running in the AHL KHL or SHL, I start to take notice as Isek Rosen, Jiri Kulich or Nikita Novikov have.

Alex Kisakov looks like not much already with 1.5 AHL seasons in. Victor Neuchev is in his 1st AHL, so we'll see. Vsevolod Komarov has been good in the Q, but if he doesn't elevate his game in the AHL, it gets tough to see success. Prokhor Poltapov is already 2021 draft and his not klling it in the KHL

The good players bound for NHL seem to adjust quickly to every increase in intensity like Peterka or Quinn of Kulich.

I will say until the foreign kids get over to North America, you never know.

All that said, Nadeau looks like an NHL longshot.

I get the excitement as a fan. I was huge on Devante Stephens but reality creeps in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad