Player Discussion Oliver Kylington

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He was not great. Made a ill advised pass on the PP that resulted in a 2 on 0 SHG for Coachella. Several other poor passes trying to enter the OZ.

But he looked like he was moving well at least.
He was like that in his first game too, kept trying to do too much and it resulted in turnovers. Frankly that describes his entire AHL career though. He improved it at the NHL level though.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He was like that in his first game too, kept trying to do too much and it resulted in turnovers. Frankly that describes his entire AHL career though. He improved it at the NHL level though.
I would think after not playing for over a season his timing is bound to be off. I’m sure he will improve.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So with Kylington conditioning stint ending yesterday, was there a decision made on what happens to him now? Are they going to extend his conditioning or bring him up to Calgary?

Update: looks like AHL.com is showing him as called up to nhl today !

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
So with Kylington conditioning stint ending yesterday, was there a decision made on what happens to him now? Are they going to extend his conditioning or bring him up to Calgary?

Update: looks like AHL.com is showing him as called up to nhl today !
He was on a LTIR conditioning stint. My guess is that he now goes back for a regular 2 week conditioning stint.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He was on a LTIR conditioning stint. My guess is that he now goes back for a regular 2 week conditioning stint.
Yeah, I think this is likely too. Timed so he plays as many games as possible.

I think he'll be sent down again mid-road trip for the Wranglers.

They play 5 games in Cali before the AHL all-star break, but if they wait until Thursday Feb 1 to send him back down, he could play the last 2 games of the road trip and all 4 games in the home stand following the AHL all-star break; which would also give him the test of 2 sets of back to backs

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
There is nothing like game action to get back on track I think.

I think they should give him a few more practices. Then maybe play him on 3rd pair on Thursday against Columbus. Not a high scoring team so he won’t be overwhelmed. Give him like 10 minutes in that game , mostly 5 on 5, and see how he does.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There is nothing like game action to get back on track I think.

I think they should give him a few more practices. Then maybe play him on 3rd pair on Thursday against Columbus. Not a high scoring team so he won’t be overwhelmed. Give him like 10 minutes in that game , mostly 5 on 5, and see how he does.
He's likely to have a 2nd conditioning stint once he's activated.

Reactions: Janks

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Last edited:

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
shaq-shimmy.gif

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Welcome back, stud. Hope everyone at the dome gives him a warm welcome back tonight.

One of the best stories of the year.

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad