Confirmed with Link: Okposo traded to FLA for Calle Sjalin and conditional 2024 7th

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
"There's just a lot of new for him here"

Like winning, and playing in the playoffs?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I've always thought Okposo was better than his rep around here but this quote is bullsh*t from a former captain.

SmartSelect_20240513_231653_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I've always thought Okposo was better than his rep around here but this quote is bullsh*t from a former captain.

View attachment 870391

I was very excited to get him out of here. But I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this and say it’s just tough wording.

After all the work he put in trying to detoxify the locker room I doubt he just shrugged his shoulders in November and waited to be traded.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I've hated Okie for years and despised his reputation on the board. If these are the things he says in public I can't even imagine what a downer he must of been to be around. I'm happy he's gone, wish it was sooner and never want his rot or decay back.

Reactions: BFLO and EichHart

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
If Okposo felt that way in Oct / Nov you have to wonder if he made his feelings known to Adams and Pegula.

If he didn't, then he's a major part of why this season was a failure.

If he did... then it angers me even further that the season was allowed to spiral into shit the way it did without management doing anything. If it was obvious to Okposo that early in the season then there is no reason that the coach and management didn't see it.

Unless of course he's lying.

Either way... its not a good look for anyone.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

View attachment 870391

He talked about his making his decision to get traded before the deadline. He also talked about how painful it was that they weren’t the same team and he could see it back in Oct/Nov (so could we). That he’s now happy he made the decision he did to get traded.

Seems pretty benign. Although Sabres twitter is losing its collective mind over it.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He talked about his making his decision to get traded before the deadline. He also talked about how painful it was that they weren’t the same team and he could see it back in Oct/Nov (so could we). That he’s now happy he made the decision he did to get traded.

Seems pretty benign. Although Sabres twitter is losing its collective mind over it.
Like the coaching hires, I don't get it. I see nothing to rage about here either.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'm glad we can move on from the Okposo era, and we can see what the kids can do in a full season without Captain Dad around (along with hopefully a number of other changes).

But I don't think he's saying anything here that the fans, his teammates or management aren't aware of or agree with on some level. I doubt this was necessarily the mindset he went into the lockerroom with or that he imparted vocally on the rest of the team, just an honest take on a disappointing season now that he's a few months disconnected from it.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He'll probably get a job with the organization and it sucks. Captain Entitlement strikes again!
Maybe the thing missing was leadership?

Reactions: Willgamesh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad