Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-House #21

Deck #8-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Marincin #28-Plante #4

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: RW Lizon #36, D Henry #39, D Lafranchise #2

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Loaned To WJC's: C Nugent-Hopkins #18

Suspended: W Pelss #23

Reassigned To Stockton: C Martindale #17, W Cornet #15

GRIFFINS:
TBD
Roster

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Who to watch?]BARONS TO WATCH: Jordan Eberle was once again the AHL player of the month, finally gaining some separation in the scoring race from teammate Justin Schultz, Eberle now leads the AHL in scoring by 4 points.

GRIFFINS TO WATCH: The Griffins are led offensively by Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar. Justin Schultz' former Wisconsin teammate Brendan Smith leads the Griffins blueline attack along with Chad Billins. [/fieldset]

[fieldset=Barons Number of the Day]The number of the day is 3 as in the number of goals that Justin Schultz needs to score to tie the AHL rookie record for a defenseman.[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Quotable]"He usually bugs me in the room if I have 2, he says I'm going to get a hattrick which usually jinxes it"-Jordan Eberle on teammate Taylor Hall giving him a hard time about never scoring a pro hattrick prior to his first career hatty[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Comparison]
| Barons | Griffins
Games|32|30
Points|38|38
Wins|17|18
GF|107|92
GA|95|80
Power Play %|25.7 (1st)|19.1 (8th)
Penalty Kill %|79.2 (29th)|82.0 (20th)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
| Barons | Aeros
GOALS: |Eberle (24)|Tatar (13)
ASSISTS:|Schultz (28)|Nyquist (19)
+/-: |Eberle (+15)|Evans (+8)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Today's Videos]
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

sOiled

Apr 19, 2012
Edmonton
Finally some variety in the teams they play. Was getting a little tired of the tour de Texas. I will boldly predict 2 points for Schultz tonight. And a goal for Paajarvi.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Finally some variety in the teams they play. Was getting a little tired of the tour de Texas. I will boldly predict 2 points for Schultz tonight. And a goal for Paajarvi.

I think the bold prediction is PRV scoring;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think the bold prediction is PRV scoring;)

Magnus is currently the 6th leading goalscorer on the club for forwards and 6th leading point scorer for forwards and he has only shot at 5.6% so far this season. He's looking much more like a playmaker/assist guy than a goalscorer at this point as he is 4th in assists for forwards on the club.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I missed the Lafranchise signing, perhaps we'll see Fedun sit a few while either Lafranchise or Marincin jumps up to the Teubert pairing. IMO Plante has been too good of late to sit out while Fedun has quite possibly been our worst D of the last 3-4 games.

WeridAl

YuckaFlux
Jan 30, 2012
10ft of Snow
Magnus is currently the 6th leading goalscorer on the club for forwards and 6th leading point scorer for forwards and he has only shot at 5.6% so far this season. He's looking much more like a playmaker/assist guy than a goalscorer at this point as he is 4th in assists for forwards on the club.

Lander is not much of a play maker. If they ever found a play making C to play along side Magnus the stat sheet would change. Just happy he's developed a physical game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I'm pretty much at the point where I just want him to learn a solid two-way game(dvorak like). Let him at least be able to have the confidence to play in the NHL. If the offense is to come, let it come in 3 or 4 years. We don't need the offense, we need some defensively responsible players with size.

Turrican*

Rock Lafranchise is such a fake sounding name.
Sounds like he would be the star in a hockey movie or something.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Rock Lafranchise is such a fake sounding name.
Sounds like he would be the star in a hockey movie or something.

An X-rated hockey movie :laugh:

He apparently played with Fedun in the past? Wouldn't be surprised to see that pairing in the future if that is true. But his name is amazing, would like to see what he can do.

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
hey its triston grant! i like that guy.

also the oilers should just trade for brendan smith and be done with it

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Wings have a gem in Brendan Smith. Much better defensively than any AHL defenseman I've watched this season.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Who the heck is Nathan Deck and does he have a chance at becoming an NHLer? He looks pretty good.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Wings have a gem in Brendan Smith. Much better defensively than any AHL defenseman I've watched this season.

Shows points aren't everything, he's obviously putting a focus in on his defensive game and making himself better for the NHL. Expect him to have a very notable season if/when the next NHL season starts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Green was VERY lucky that they didn't call him on the trip, pretty dumb play by our captain there.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
2-1 GR now...being out shot 9-2 in the second right now..

Edit: 3-1 now. Good plays but Danis isn't himself today at all it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad