GDT: OKC Barons @ Grand Rapids Griffins, Friday 1/4 5PM MDT

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
**** these guys, I'm done watching them tonight and I might not bother watching them all weekend. Nor will I waste my time on these ************** making a GDT this weekend so if someone else is game go for it. If not we can use this one for the whole weekend.

you've been threatening them with this from the very beginning of the season, yet you return and make a GDT every time. get your stuff together you weakling! :)

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm surprised how many people still get so upset when we play god awful.

This is nothing knew, we have been getting blown out a handful of times every year, sometimes even more.

Life is too short to get worked up about the Barons. If they play this way in the NHL then we have problems.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think Schultz has been on-ice for all the Rapids goals.

tumblr_m83qaddVAf1r9g4gho1_500.jpg

He has been a ****ing train wreck tonight he looks slow and disinterested, however he's far from the only one. Hall, Eberle, Arcobello (to a degree), Paajarvi (besides that drive to the net) and pretty much every other forward has been complete ass tonight. Plante and Marincin are both HS's despite playing pretty well the last 3-5 games and instead we get Henry back in who takes a dumb penalty, Lafranchise has looked like Laass tonight (it's his first game with the team, but it's still true). Danis looks like crap, Nelson doesn't pull Danis because who the **** knows why not? Garbage, complete garbage and a complete waste of time, there will come a time when these kids lay eggs like these in Edmonton and they will hear about it, games like these should not happen EVER to professionals, not blowouts but a lack of effort and no accountability. /rant

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
**** these guys, I'm done watching them tonight and I might not bother watching them all weekend. Nor will I waste my time on these ************** making a GDT this weekend so if someone else is game go for it. If not we can use this one for the whole weekend.

That was my reaction after the 3rd goal. What a pitiful showing tonight

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
you've been threatening them with this from the very beginning of the season, yet you return and make a GDT every time. get your stuff together you weakling! :)

Not this weekend, it's going to be a busy one, I'll watch tonight's Bronze Medal game and that'll be my hockey fix unless I cool down by Sunday. If they get their taints handed to them on Saturday I won't waste my time on Sunday either.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
hockey has done some rude things to me lately - first Russia gets bounced out the WJC, then earlier today Lokomotiv picks up a nice butsecks from SKA, now this. dear god what have i done to you huh?

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I'm surprised how many people still get so upset when we play god awful.

This is nothing knew, we have been getting blown out a handful of times every year, sometimes even more.

Life is too short to get worked up about the Barons. If they play this way in the NHL then we have problems.

I'm not too worried about the Barons losing though ofc I want the team to win, what bothers me is that the young stars that are the supposed future of the Oilers at times are just coasting or don't bother playing D. I really fear our young stars could turn into players who put up good points but doesn't win ****, ergo bad hockey players. We seriously need some solid veteran leadership or Oilers could turn into an overpaid squad of offensively skilled players that fold when the going gets tough.

Yeah, I know it's an overreaction but our youngsters seems to be developing some bad manners and it's frustrating. And yeah they put up great numbers but hockey isn't all about individual points, despite what seems to be common Hfboards knowledge, it's about making sure your team is winning, making sure it always take an effort to beat your team, the kids lack that atm as far as I'm concerned.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
i take it as a personal offense that this team allows to score three points over two periods to a bloke who just got caught DUI in a Teletubby outfit.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
looks like the entire team has been questioning their SH% sustainability lately. otherwise i dunno how to explain having nine shots on goal mid-third. hope it's because the AHL stats guy has been on the ale.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
looks like the entire team has been questioning their SH% sustainability lately. otherwise i dunno how to explain having nine shots on goal mid-third. hope it's because the AHL stats guy has been on the ale.
:help:

That is terribad. At least Roy has been good in relief.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
hockey has done some rude things to me lately - first Russia gets bounced out the WJC, then earlier today Lokomotiv picks up a nice butsecks from SKA, now this. dear god what have i done to you huh?

I feel you buddy, same here. It's been a bad couple days for hockey.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
PP! Make something happen Schultz!

And since I tuned in roughly five minutes into the third, the play has generally been carried by the Barons, if that is any consolation from anybody.

EDIT: Barons score. Schultz from Eberle. Not sure if there was a secondary on that one.

EDIT 2: Hartikainen got the other assist.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
what would be worse for you - losing to USA in semis or to Russia in the finals? :)

Depends, if they actually showed some passion and character in a loss to Russia I wouldn't mind. The way they played against the USA was embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad