Okay boys time to see what goalie to saddle with 6k next year. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'd consider moving VGK's 2nd for him.
I'd move any of the R2s for him at this point.

If he's unhappy with the situation in Minnesota then it's presumably because he wants a fully fledged starting role? He'd at least get that for us...

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Yup. Would love Cam over here. Still think the Wild shouldve benched Flower for him in the POs ( yesTalbots stats against the Blues were bad but friggin Fleury looked like a Floppin Seal on Crack the entire series)

Reactions: Jacob582

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Marty predicting now the last two major goalie moves will be Campbell to Edmonton, Kuemper to Washington. Also mentions Murray might go to Leafs if they open more room.

Discussed Gibson possible trade, Quick staying in LA one more year then retiring. Mentioned Talbot.

who was the other team connected to him, Edm ?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Marty predicting now the last two major goalie moves will be Campbell to Edmonton, Kuemper to Washington. Also mentions Murray might go to Leafs if they open more room.

Discussed Gibson trade, Quick staying in LA one more year then retiring. Mentioned Talbot.

We're at the point where I'd happily trade non core asset/s for Gibson.

There's no way Adams takes that contract though. Surely a non starter.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
With Talbot? Idk, I thought it wasn't available and the Wild didn't want to trade him But apparently with the MAF signing for two years, Talbot wants a full-fledged starting role in another team. Adams has to kick tires.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
With Talbot? Idk, I thought it wasn't available and the Wild didn't want to trade him But apparently with the MAF signing for two years, Talbot wants a full-fledged starting role in another team. Adams has to kick tires.
He needs to do more than kick tyres.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Talbot seems like the best option at this point. Could be a decent starter for us for the next 2-3 years. Seems like the perfect stopgap. A 2nd round pick seems a bit steep, but there seems to be a lot of teams looking for goalies, so I'd definitely ante up to secure a decent starter.
How was KA not in on Husso at 3 year-4.75 other than not wanting to pay (but pay most of Murray's) ? They could not beat Detroit's 3rd rounder ? Just not sold on the player ? Plyer would not sign ?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Talbot seems like the best option at this point. Could be a decent starter for us for the next 2-3 years. Seems like the perfect stopgap. A 2nd round pick seems a bit steep, but there seems to be a lot of teams looking for goalies, so I'd definitely ante up to secure a decent starter.

The issue with that idea is Talbot's only signed through the upcoming season.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
How was KA not in on Husso at 3 year-4.75 other than not wanting to pay (but pay most of Murray's) ? They could not beat Detroit's 3rd rounder ? Just not sold on the player ? Plyer would not sign ?
Maybe KA tried and Husso didn't want to play for the Sabres ?

We don't know

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The issue with that idea is Talbot's only signed through the upcoming season.
Hopefully the idea of him getting 50-55 games a year will be enticing enough.

Also, this is why I think it's imperative we show significant growth this year. I dont mean playoffs or bust, but on the cusp of a playoff seed should be the goal. Anything more is gravy. If this team can show theyre on the trajectory to making the playoffs, then he may want to be part of that ride.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad