OK ...if/when Q and Stan are fired. ..who are your top candidates to replace them?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I will start:

Coach:Jeremy Roenick

Resaon: 1.Enthusiasm
2.Shoot Mentality
3.North South direct attack
hockey ..can the East-West
garbage...
4. The joy of the game ...not
I'm only willing to give
20 ...40.(maybe on occasion)
But certainly never a full 60
because Q cannot seem to
DEMAND full 60 buy-ins...
Players not willing to go
over the wall for Q.. Do they
really love hockey to give to
Keep giving us half-
measures and MIA periods
or entire MIA games?
5. Corsi is for losers.. A shot and
a goal...that's how you do it .

6. Forget D-man being head
coach...reigns need to be
given to a former C who
will outscore oponents ..only
way we can win ..

7. Will not be spending any
time swill in the Merlot at
Binny's.
GM: My choice would be Adam Burish...

Reason: 1. He played in the NHL ...Stan never did...
2. He never had any talent...but is a clever student of the game....this is a recipe for him recognizing talent ...those that never had it often have an instinct to recognize those that do have it. ..in a sense it is like him wishing he could do what that guy is capable of but since he could not the best he can do now is hire that guy to work for him.

If you have better candidates ...list away!

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
hf50.png

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Jeremy Colliton seems like the logical replacement for Q.

For GM, Stevie Y. Chicago is closer to Detroit than TB. :)

or

Larry Robinson, for either position.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Colliton or Chelios for HC.

I don't care who gets the GM spot. It's usually one of the top 2 or 3 people in an organizations management, so just pick someone in house that is most qualified. Yzerman is an outside candidate to look at, but I have no idea why he left Tampa. For all I know he doesn't want to be an NHL GM any longer.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Colliton or Chelios for HC.

I don't care who gets the GM spot. It's usually one of the top 2 or 3 people in an organizations management, so just pick someone in house that is most qualified. Yzerman is an outside candidate to look at, but I have no idea why he left Tampa. For all I know he doesn't want to be an NHL GM any longer.
Probably MacIver if Stan gets whacked.
In any event, I'd like to give Stan a season or two with his own coach before whacking him.
Q should get whacked now, but he won't so I'm kind of hoping for a 9 game losing streak 2012 style.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I will start:

Coach:Jeremy Remick

Resaon: 1.Enthusiasm
2.Shoot Mentality
3.North South direct attack
hockey ..can the East-West
garbage...
4. The joy of the game ...not
I'm only willing to give
20 ...40.(maybe on occasion)
But certainly never a full 60
because Q cannot seem to
DEMAND full 60 buy-ins...
Players not willing to go
over the wall for Q.. Do they
really love hockey to give to
Keep giving us half-
measures and MIA periods
or entire MIA games?
5. Corsi is for losers.. A shot and
a goal...that's how you do it .

6. Forget D-man being head
coach...reigns need to be
given to a former C who
will outscore oponents ..only
way we can win ..

7. Will not be spending any
time swill in the Merlot at
Binny's.
GM: My choice would be Adam Burish...

Reason: 1. He played in the NHL ...Stan never did...
2. He never had any talent...but is a clever student of the game....this is a recipe for him recognizing talent ...those that never had it often have an instinct to recognize those that do have it. ..in a sense it is like him wishing he could do what that guy is capable of but since he could not the best he can do now is hire that guy to work for him.

If you have better candidates ...list away!

Roenick’s style of coaching would be like Patrick Roy which didn’t last long

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Colliton head coach
I think Stan will get a shot to stay with a coach that he picks that matches that team that he was trying to put together.

if Stan goes Paul Fenton is a candidate as he has been learning from Poile, Bill Guerin is another option, AGM with the pens and I would not be opposed to seeing Chelios.

If Yzerman wants the job it should be a no brainer.

Reactions: BobbyJet and jls24

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Colliton head coach
I think Stan will get a shot to stay with a coach that he picks that matches that team that he was trying to put together.

if Stan goes Paul Fenton is a candidate as he has been learning from Poile, Bill Guerin is another option, AGM with the pens and I would not be opposed to seeing Chelios.

Fenton was hired by the Wild last summer.

No bill G as he has little experience imo.

Stevie Y seems like an unrealistic dream.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Colliton head coach

Fenton is off the market - Wild got him

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Jeremy Colliton. He’s already in the organization, and he’s done a good job. I don’t know of any real good candidates outside the organization.

Bowman can keep his job for the time being.
Colliton is being groomed for Q eventual replacement. for the GM, Kelley is the man to take over.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Not sure Kelley is such a go to. Its not really a path in the Nhl to go from Scouting director to GM. Even other guys with scouting backgrounds seem to take a step between or promotion to Assistant GM duties or GM an affiliate.

Kelley has a good demeanor and seems to have good command of people. Along with good scoucting report. But what of other aspects. He also doesn't seem ideal of an option to those that hate the soft small direction of the hawks because he seems to be the big perpetrator toward that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not sure Kelley is such a go to. Its not really a path in the Nhl to go from Scouting director to GM. Even other guys with scouting backgrounds seem to take a step between or promotion to Assistant GM duties or GM an affiliate.

Kelley has a good demeanor and seems to have good command of people. Along with good scoucting report. But what of other aspects. He also doesn't seem ideal of an option to those that hate the soft small direction of the hawks because he seems to be the big perpetrator toward that.
agreed, it would be McIver well before Kelley. I think Kelley is very happy and comfortable where he is to be honest.

Reactions: jls24

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I don’t understand why you guys don’t like Fiddy’s posts, I means where do you get so much entertainment jam packed in one post anywhere else on these boards?

Reactions: BobbyJet

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If you do fire Stan, you drive a dump truck full of money up to Ron Francis’ driveway, and if he says no, you continue sending them until he says yes.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

how do we know this to be true..... has he come out and said this ??

anyway i have been, in the last 2 yrs a big advocate of dividing the GM position into 2 post.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
how do we know this to be true..... has he come out and said this ??

anyway i have been, in the last 2 yrs a big advocate of dividing the GM position into 2 post.
Hes praised players of the style. In hawks brass videos over time talked up that ad modern nhl and by those peoples view, keep drafting only those types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad