Oilers win 5-3

Koto

May 3, 2011
okay, crazy thought, but since we have this plethora of D-men, would klefbom therefore become avaliable for a trade? if not, somebody has to be trade bait soon

for the right deal anyone is available...but im not trading klefbom for anything bottom 6 related.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Acton is not a NHL player let alone a good AHL player does not belong in the NHL even at a 4th line tweener spot . In what way has he earned his stripes. Many Centers already put through waivers have a superior track record to him.

Huh? How is this a rebuttal to what i said? Acton has been better than Lander, that's all i was saying. There's no proof to suggest he's being gifted anything, and as of now he's been the 4th best center left in camp, it is what it is. Acton would not of been my choice for 4th line center, but if they feel he can fill an exact role and grow into it we should at least be fair enough to see he's earned it over the competition in camp. Criticize managment for not bring in better competition sure but lets not pretend he hasn't outplayed Lander.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The rumours of Will Acton coming to Edmonton started before Keith Acton or Dallas Eakins were expected to be coach. Maybe i'm wrong but i interpreted him as the "guy in the AHL they felt was ready to be a 4th line center", and iirc that rumour pre dated the Eakins hiring. I agree there are better options out there, i'd prefer Acton be in the AHL but in fairness he's been somewhat decent.

Agreed. The people suggesting otherwise are just trying to stir the pot. People can't possibly believe that he's been the better player, but only making it because we also brought in his dad. It's completely contradictory. And as pretty much anyone (myself included) who've worked for a parent can attest to, you have to work twice as hard to get half as far. Not the other way around

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Perron is awesome. He has hands Paajarvi can only dream about. Overall good game from Nurse. Arcobello I thought was good; he has a really good shot at grabbing a spot at C with the current injuries.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
My whole point is players Mact brought in not Oiler who were from Tambo Era. EG Joensuu Grebeshkov Belov all contracts we did not Hold or rights:help: So drop the technical bs

It was a fair rebuttal but like you've posted there's a reasonable argument as to why you didn't include him in your comment.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
So what about Jones then?

Are you really that bored? Jones is still in camp, and was a resign. I don't follow the argument you are making... His point was apt, whether or not the reasoning as to why these players are still in camp is apt is another question altogether.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Are you really that bored? Jones is still in camp, and was a resign. I don't follow the argument you are making... His point was apt, whether or not the reasoning as to why these players are still in camp is apt is another question altogether.

Most people around here believe Jones is on his way out.

The thing I find most amusing is people complaining that "MacT's guys are still here" and then seemingly want Tambo's guys to replace the guys MacT signed. It's kind of mind-boggling actually. :laugh:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That boy Larsen's got some wheels. The last time I saw a defenseman in Oilers silks move that quickly was when Pitkanen was here.

Koto

May 3, 2011
My whole point is players Mact brought in not Oiler who were from Tambo Era. EG Joensuu Grebeshkov Belov all contracts we did not Hold or rights:help: So drop the technical bs

technical bs? MACT signed the omark. a player who was not on the team the previous year.

and if you want to draw timeline to define his roots in the organization, mact was here at the start (2007), tambo was not.

I fail to understand your point in relation to my comment. Is it a joke?

you argued he was tambo's player, even though he was initially brought into the organization before tambo (when mact was here), and his most recent contract was signed by mact.

your relevance chart appears to be

previous contract>current contract
and
previous contract>draft

relevance actually is

current contract>previous contract=draft.

that is to say neither of the latter two are all that important.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
technical bs? MACT signed the omark. a player who was not on the team the previous year.

and if you want to draw timeline to define his roots in the organization, mact was here at the start (2007), tambo was not.

you argued he was tambo's player, even though he was initially brought into the organization before tambo (when mact was here), and his most recent contract was signed by mact.

your relevance chart appears to be

previous contract>current contract
and
previous contract>draft

relevance actually is

current contract>previous contract=draft.

that is to say neither of the latter two are all that important.

So silly tambo signed him after going over seas to watch him Mact was a coach not gm had f=all to do with Omark:help:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Welcome back to the Omark show, we're your hosts, HFBoards.

Yeah, Arcobello played pretty solid - then again, between lightning-rods-of-Titans Perron and Eberle, anyone would.

Koto

May 3, 2011
So silly tambo signed him after going over seas to watch him Mact was a coach not gm had f=all to do with Omark:help:

mact was a coach, but im guessing he was slighty more involved in the draft than someone working for he canucks at the time. (not that important)

tambo signed him once. (not that important)

mact brought him back most recently. (important)

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Most people around here believe Jones is on his way out.

The thing I find most amusing is people complaining that "MacT's guys are still here" and then seemingly want Tambo's guys to replace the guys MacT signed. It's kind of mind-boggling actually. :laugh:

Well i agree that you may be able to criticize the notion that players are here just because they are "MacT guys", in fact i alluded to that in the comment you quoted, but you were nitpicking and not doing a very good job of it.

skorf

Jun 30, 2013
Every year we have these guys who look like they should get a job (based on pre-season pretend hockey), get sent down to the farm and follow it up by not showing much. Let's see them actually show better than their pre-season form down in the AHL and then actually take the opportunity when they earn a call up. For all the suck that has been on this team the last number of years, there has been a lot more suck unable to actually replace them.

I agree, it's a handful of preseason games, no reason to throw someone under the bus or lift someone up higher than they should.

I'm a Jones hater (thought his 1.5 million should have went to a better player... like Raymond who is getting 1 million from Toronto or someone who could PK or be solid defensively) he's looked bad, but most people had him pencilled in as our 3rd line RW. 3-4 bad games and not most people want him off the team is a bit extreme.

Same with people wanting to give Nurse 9 games and thinking he'd continue to dominate... it doesn't always happen.

I live in Winnipeg and I remember Scheifle's first preseason... he was amazing, they gave him 7 games that first year and he did not look good in the regular season (and I personally don't think it was good for his development)

Even being one of the biggest Jones haters, I still wouldn't have sent him down yet. He deserves the chance to have a few more games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad