Oilers win 5-3

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
meh. the lack of depth down the middle will kill us this year.

we're not deep enough nor good enough defensively

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Katz needs to invest some of his bajillions of dollars into finding a way to clone 4 more Darnell Nurses and find a way to age them 2 years

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I only caught the final frame. Holy whistlefest Batman! :p:

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'd be so excited for this season if it wasn't for the problems at center. Another nice win.

Keep playing Jones in every game until the start of the season and hope he can re-find his game by then. If he can't show anything by then then you have to waive him.

Rather boring game despite the goals. Didn't real feel any intensity throughout the entirety of the game.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Nothing that bad. I'd take him on this team in a heartbeat. I want hockey players on this team, not future son-in-laws.

:handclap:

I said it in the GDT Dorsett does the kind of **** we need Eager to do.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Missed the first 2 periods cuz I was at work.

Nurse's assist was sick, but he made an amazingly accurate stretch pass earlier in the period that put Eberle on a breakaway. Would like to have seen Nurse play the body more, but I really can't complain about what I saw him do today. I don't blame him for that shorthanded goal. He did the right thing in trying to block the shot.

I seriously question... does he have any chance of sticking up with the Oilers? I'd give him a few regular season games... but if he stays hot, how could you possibly send him down? He's flat out way better than Nick Schultz. I'd rather have Belov-Nurse as a third pairing at this point.

Even ignoring the fact that he scored 2 assists tonight, I think you gotta keep Arcobello up as your 2nd line center until Sam Gagner comes back. He had a decent game.

Jeff Petry had some really good moments, but he's a totally different player when he plays with Smid. Initiates a lot more contact. Can't wait to see them back together.

Can't knock Hall, but he still obviously needs to work on his positioning in the offensive zone.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Damn...we should have drafted Nichushkin. Absolutely terrible block attempt back there.

1bf7047d.gif

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'd be so excited for this season if it wasn't for the problems at center. Another nice win.

Keep playing Jones in every game until the start of the season and hope he can re-find his game by then. If he can't show anything by then then you have to waive him.

Rather boring game despite the goals. Didn't real feel any intensity throughout the entirety of the game.

At this point he needs to prove more than a good game or two can, he's been useless.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Eakins didn't look too happy in the 3rd... but nonetheless this beats losing.

Perron, Belov continue to impress. Arco looked good too.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Eakins didn't look too happy in the 3rd... but nonetheless this beats losing.

Perron, Belov continue to impress. Arco looked good too.

Perron plays really well positionally. Knows where to go and where to be and that's surprising since he just got here. When we have Hopkins and Gagner back in the line-up things are going to get pretty easy for him IMO.

The Perfect Human*

Nurse has looked excellent the last few games. That being said the people scoffing at Nichushkin need to give their heads a shake. Dallas' best forward other than Seguin thus far this preseason. Yes, better than Benn.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
At this point he needs to prove more than a good game or two can, he's been useless.

A player like Jones will get the benefit of the doubt though if he shows he's still got it in one or two games.

The guy used to be a very effective role player and the Oilers could really use the tenacious forchecking style he used to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad