Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 2-1

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Whats wrong with my avatar? is it incorrect or a fact. Also my old one read Oiltankjob 4-93-64 but during this season I changed it up. When they start winning and have a winning record I will shed my Avatar and change username till then it stays. I also compliment team when they do good as well as the players, I just don't complain.;)
Nobody cares what your avatar is. It just seemed a little hypocritical to me for you to be ragging on other people for saying the team sucks when you've gone a step further and desecrated the logo. Again, if that's how you want to cheer for the team it's your business. Just don't complain about other people who aren't happy with the team either.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Nobody cares what your avatar is. It just seemed a little hypocritical to me for you to be ragging on other people for saying the team sucks when you've gone a step further and desecrated the logo. Again, if that's how you want to cheer for the team it's your business. Just don't complain about other people who aren't happy with the team either.

Not what I said , I stated there seems to be certain posters who only show up after losses in the pgt to remind us how much we suck and seem to post 10 + times or more after losses sometime flooding the pgt , but after wins not a sniff of them . I think that is what is hypocritical imo. One of them is nowhere to be seen here today but was very noticeable in our last big loss against Blues. I just wonder if they are truly Oil fans or posers.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Not what I said , I stated there seems to be certain posters who only show up after losses in the pgt to remind us how much we suck and seem to post 10 + times or more after losses sometime flooding the pgt , but after wins not a sniff of them . I think that is what is hypocritical imo. One of them is nowhere to be seen here today but was very noticeable in our last big loss against Blues. I just wonder if they are truly Oil fans or posers.

It doesn't seem strange to me that there are more active posters after a loss. Generally there are more things to discuss after a loss. Why did we lose, how do we move forward, solutions, etc etc.

That doesn't necessarily mean that people don't treasure a win.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I can't believe people were upset when we acquired Hendricks. My lord is he making a lot of people look like idiots. He's exactly the type of player that we need more of.

Also props to Yak for jumping in when Hendricks got double teamed.

I would like to have 2 more of them. This is MacT biggest steal so far. Dubnyk is a distant nightmare now

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Huh? The Hall-Gagner-Perron line was great tonight.

The Nuge line didn't do much but they weren't a problem. Just let a good win be a good win.

Gagner line let one in
Nuge line stayed even

Hall-Gagner-Perron was the minus line tonight that is not great.

This is a results based game not judged.

Bottom six were great second line good enough first line bad (only a little bad)

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't think there's a general consensus here about what's ok to ***** about and what isn't. Let loose man.

Fans want the Oil to draft high so they can get a "can't miss" prospect because if there"s a 1 in a million chance a prospect can tank the Oil will always find a way to draw out their un-greatness.

I don't know. guess I don't understand wanting the team I cheer for to lose.
I know they suck in many ways, but each game I still hope they win.

I also can't get into this hope for another top 2 draft pick.
"just one more high draft pick and it will be the difference"

seeing a team with three #1 picks still be one of the worst teams in hockey seems to show that another high pick isn't likely to be the answer.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Many of their wins in this streak have been smoke and mirrors. Not this one. That was a solid road win. Granted the Hurricanes suck, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the Oil played a solid, structured game.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Yep. Agreed. this isn't the 90's right now where theres a perfect storm of everything going against us economically.

Right now this is one of the hottest economies, hottest entertainment markets in the world, high paid work force with disposable income. With the combination of that and the new arena facility and downturns everywhere else a lot of teams won't even be able to pay anywhere close to cap.

Essentially we've become one of the economic haves. A different position to be in.

Edmonton is a nice, family friendly town. But it isn't remotely close to an entertainment hotbed. Calm down.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Yep. Agreed. this isn't the 90's right now where theres a perfect storm of everything going against us economically.

Right now this is one of the hottest economies, hottest entertainment markets in the world, high paid work force with disposable income. With the combination of that and the new arena facility and downturns everywhere else a lot of teams won't even be able to pay anywhere close to cap.

Essentially we've become one of the economic haves. A different position to be in.

Haha what the ****

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Wow, words cant describe how happy that highlight of Yak jumping into the fight made me.
Hendricks lays an awesome hit, gets jumped by TWO guys, then Yakupov flies in late and delivers a WWE style takedown into the net.

How on earth did the Oilers come out of that with the extra penalty though? Insane.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Wow, words cant describe how happy that highlight of Yak jumping into the fight made me.
Hendricks lays an awesome hit, gets jumped by TWO guys, then Yakupov flies in late and delivers a WWE style takedown into the net.

How on earth did the Oilers come out of that with the extra penalty though? Insane.

They didn't I'm pretty sure it was even up, I was more surprised Hendricks didn't get more then 2 minutes for dropping his gloves and punching Hainsey(sp) a couple times.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
He's not entirely wrong.
We get every touring show through town, sometimes for two nights.
There's a boat load of disposable income here.

He called it one of the hottest entertainment markets in the world. That is ridiculous hyperbole. Go look at the entertainment section and What's On in the Friday newspapers in a place like New York or London for but 2 and then come back and try and make that statement again with a straight face.

Edmonton isn't the frozen wasteland that some people in other places (Vancouver, Toronto, etc) try and make it out to be. But be realistic. It is what it is.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
^
Yes, well, Replacement is known to have a flair for the dramatic and hyperbole.

We can all agree that those 2 aren't the problem.

Yes, Klefbom and Marincin have been pleasant surprises. Hope to hell they can continue on a solid development path. What a boon that would be. And if Nurse can fill out and reach his potential the Oil may actually end up with a solid D-core. Until Six Rings and Curly sit together and say "we sure seem to have a lot of defensemen." Then the dream will die again for another decade.

God I'm getting jaded.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Edmonton is a nice, family friendly town. But it isn't remotely close to an entertainment hotbed. Calm down.

Rexall place is consistently among the top facilities in the world for ticket sales according to pollstar numbers. Why do you think a lot of top sellng artists play two shows here?

This is currently one of the rare places, certainly in NA, where people have a lot of disposable income and just looking for things to do.

When I say "one of the hottest markets" is there something that you don't comprehend in that terminology? For big ticket entertainment right now this is one of the hot entertainment markets. We'll pay a lot here for hockey, concerts, etc. Nowhere in my post did I refer in the slightest to volume of entertainment provided here.

Next, when someone invokes the terminology hottest it refers to it being inordinately traded in relation to what usual demand would be. i.e. hot.

to wit if you read that a certain stock was one of the hottest in the world it would refer to how much its risen in volume stock price or sales and is not at all a reference to total revenues or anything like that. Hot infers hot, not sure how that's at all confusing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad