GDT: Oilers vs Wings (Eye of the Tiger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Our team may have sucked last year, but Eakins has killed any sort of confidence our skill players had

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
And replace him midseason with whom? (Honest question)

The only option I can think off the top of my head would be Peter Laviolette.

Good choice. He did win the cup, and went to the finals. In both cases those teams were dismantled pretty much afterwards. I much rather have this experience than sad sack.

Sloth Slothersons*

And replace him midseason with whom? (Honest question)

The only option I can think off the top of my head would be Peter Laviolette.

hs-buchberger.jpg

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Krueger had a better defensive system, better PK, better PP (maybe not 5 on 3), made us play like the swiss and over utilized our bottom 6 players when they were atrocious. This team looks like it couldn't hold the jockstrap of last years and it should theoretically be improved.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Having MacT as a coach could be a good thing. He can acquire players he wants to work with and trade players that aren't coachable.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Our team may have sucked last year, but Eakins has killed any sort of confidence our skill players had

This. There is no other explanation. This team isn't as bad as it has been. The ingredients are there it's the wrong kitchen and wrong bakers.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Why is Eakins the problem? Its our player that suck

Because when your players suck, you have to put them in the best situation to succeed and he isn't doing that. He is changing the few things that worked last year and is overplaying the young players and putting them in matchups that are over their heads.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Krueger had a better defensive system, better PK, better PP (maybe not 5 on 3), made us play like the swiss and over utilized our bottom 6 players when they were atrocious. This team looks like it couldn't hold the jockstrap of last years and it should theoretically be improved.

I'd take Krueger back in a heartbeat. Plus the players would of already bought into his system - year 2 should in theory be better than year 1 of a system.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
So we've basically replaced the past players with worse players.:laugh:

Ryan Jones is on the top line. That is a coaching decision. Sure you can argue he shouldn't be on the team, but Eakins is not blameless here.

And Bachman is hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad