GDT: Oilers vs Wings (Eye of the Tiger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2008
extralarge.png
_[size=+2]@_[/size]
extralarge.png

EDMONTON OILERS (3-9-2)____________WINGS (8-4-2)

Game Day: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Game Time: 8:00PM MT
Location: Run a once great franchise into the ground Place, Edmonton AB.
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: CBC

968full-rocky-iv-screenshot.jpg

Edmonton%20Oilers%20Logo%20copy.png

Yakupov - Snowpants - Eberle
Jones - Nuge - Hemsky
Lander - Gordon - Balki Bartokomous
Gazdic - Acton - Eager

Ference - Larssen
Smid - Petry
N. Schultz - Belov

Scooby Dube
Bachman

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20Logos%203.png

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Cleary - Franzen - Alfredsson
Tatar - Weiss - Abdelkader
Miller - Andersson - Eaves

Kronwall - Dekeyser
Quincey - Smith
Lashoff - Kindle

Mrazek
Howard

RED WINGS (8-4-2) at OILERS (3-9-2)

TV: CBC; FS-D

Last 10: Detroit 6-2-2; Edmonton 2-6-2

Season series: The Detroit Red Wings and Edmonton Oilers meet twice this season now that they've been separated due to realignment. Detroit won all three meetings last season, including a 3-2 overtime victory at Rexall Place on March 15, and is 6-0-5 in its past 11 visits to Edmonton.

Big story: The Red Wings' swing through Western Canada is off to a smashing start. Detroit beat the Calgary Flames 4-3 on Friday, two nights after a 2-1 victory against the Vancouver Canucks. The Oilers continue to struggle; they've lost four in a row and are 1-4-0 at home.

Team Scope:

Red Wings: Detroit blew one two-goal lead against Calgary but put on a more Red Wings-like performance after taking a second one. Goals by Tomas Tatar and Justin Abdelkader provided enough cushion to survive Dennis Wideman's sixth-attacker goal with 9.8 seconds to play.

Detroit coach Mike Babcock was happy with some, but not all, of what he saw.

"We've got to learn to play and play consistently and do it each and every night," he said. "Some nights you're not going to win, you do good things but you give yourself a chance. I thought we had two good periods and one tough one."

Oilers: Edmonton has been off since Tuesday, when it took 43 shots but was shut out 4-0 at home by the Toronto Maple Leafs. The good news Friday is that starting goaltender Devan Dubnyk, whose play had improved before he was sidelined with an ankle injury, may be ready to return.

"I'll be ready to go," he told the team's website after practice Friday. "We haven't talked about it yet but I'll be ready to go if that's what they want to do."

Coach Dallas Eakins will talk with the medical and coaching staffs before making a decision, but said Friday that Dubnyk was playing better after a shaky start when he was injured.

"I thought he was gaining his confidence back," Eakins said. "He was square in the net, he was under control in the net when he didn't have much confidence [before]. He was all over the net. He's practiced hard here the last few days and I'll get a read on where he's at."

Who's hot: Pavel Datsyuk was the first star in Calgary after scoring one goal and setting up another. Jimmy Howard has won both games so far on the trip. … Oilers goalie Richard Bachman has a 2.40 goals-against average playing the past two games.

Injury report: Red Wings forward Johan Franzen (illness) left the game in Calgary. Petr Mrazek backed up Howard on Friday because Johan Gustavsson (neck) was idled. Darren Helm (groin) and Jonathan Ericsson (shoulder) are out. … Oilers forward Taylor Hall (knee) is skating at practice but not ready to play. Defenseman Justin Schultz (groin) is questionable. Forward David Perron (neck) is expected to miss his second straight game. The Oilers also are missing forwards Jesse Joensuu (undisclosed), Ryan Smyth (groin) and Tyler Pitlick (knee).

John Kreiser - NHL.com Columnist

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2012
That still image of the video there looks like he's tugging on his schlong. Sort of like the Oilers have been doing the first 14 games.

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
I was ready to toss in the white towel after reading the line-ups for tonight. But alas, in true Oiler fan fashion we will drive in tonight for what I predict will be a 4-2 win for the Oilers. (I have some errands to run in Edmonton anyway so might as well catch a saturday night game)

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
this might be the last time i watch Oilers live for quite a time because of switching jobs. i hope they give me a reason to come back when i'm able to again.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
petr mrazek will likely get the start.

possibly gustavsson if he's healthy.

but howard is not going to start.

th Oilers almost always seem to make new young goalies breaking into the league look like the new Ken Dryden. But Mrazek already played his first game so hopefully we won't be as cursed, and the Oilers more often then not show up against detroit so here's hoping they squeak one out

w3-2 in a SO

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
The Rocky picture reminded me of this scene.

I suck at embedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlbKn8_p3vk

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
We're going to get roflstomped. Yakupov-Gagner-Eberle might be one of the most defensively challenged lines in the NHL and RNH is saddled with non-finishers like Hemsky and waiver-worthy grinders like Jones.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
4-3 shootout win for edmonton. (yes, I'm sober)
why not. traditionally they play detroit well.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Hopefully we can take advantage of DET being on the second half of a back to back...

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
We weren't able to score against the Leafs D on tuesday, doesn't give me much hope against the Wings here. 5-1 Wings.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Wings put 4 past Duby in the first. Bachman comes in, gives up three more. 7-2 final. Belov and Yakupov with the goals.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
It is embarrassing how bad our record is at home against Detroit, much less most teams nowadays. Gee, just another loss and does the team heed the advice of guys such as Ference...I doubt it. Detroit as usual will school Edmonton and as usual the class will check out mentally.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I have so little faith in this group of forwards without Hall and Perron in the lineup. Now we have all our centermen back, but our two wingers that are the best at creating offense are out...:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad