Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Sucked when got Talbot for nothing, Maroon for nothing, Kassian for nothing...

Traded Yakupov for nothing
Traded Eberle for nothing
Traded a 1st and 2nd round pick for nothing.
Traded Hall for farrr less than his value

Put what he’s got one one side, and what he traded on the other and it doesn’t look good.

But hey at least he replaced Hall with Lucic right..

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think our team thought it would be easy this year. Think they thought just by having McDavid that we wouldn't have to even try. I hope this is a wake-up call for the entire team, and that they have to work harder than the other team, no matter if we have McDavid or not.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Sorry guys, they haven't won since I bought a Budweiser red light glass.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I've never seen Connor play this poorly in this many consecutive games. Can't wait for him to show how good he is, but I'm starting to get impatient at this point

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The team confidence looks really low, not sure how it takes such a hit so early into the season especially coming off the season we just had. It is hard to find positives out of tonight, but we got some guys who feel like they need to be built up instead of torn down or yelled at.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Or maybe some people don’t like when their GM constantly makes trades which makes their team worse.

It’s scary to think of Chia making another trade to address the current situation.

I'm as hard on Chia as anyone, but to say trading Hall for Larsson made our team worse would be ignoring what we accomplished last season with Larsson; we were a much better team. What's going on right now has nothing to do with lacking Hall. They need to realize that just having McDavid doesn't mean you don't have to try. They still need to work their asses off, and hopefully they realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad