• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
I thought barbecue and meat smoking stories were a requirement of this site..;)
Ahem…you called?

B82F8B74-5290-4E2B-BDC5-DB10F346AA31.jpeg

After I took the pic, my friend said “your burger is drooling”

@Drivesaitl I have a close friend that is celiac, who has a Burger Bun recipe she swears tastes better than bread. I’ll dig it up and send you a pm.

If anyone interested, this is ribeye with dry aged pellicle ground in.

Also, almost sick after LA tied it and dreaded the rest of the game. Nerves are going to be high tomorrow night, might grind in some Zoloft so I can watch the game!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ahem…you called?

View attachment 546332

@Drivesaitl I have a close friend that is celiac, who has a Burger Bun recipe she swears tastes better than bread. I’ll dig it up and send you a pm.

Also, almost sick after LA tied it and dreaded the rest of the game. Nerves are going to be high tomorrow night, might grind in some Zoloft so I can watch the game!
Yum. Thats how I like a burger so big you can hardly take a bite out of it.

I'd sure be interested in that burger bun recipe.

I make awesome corn bread. heh

I've experimented on so many gluten free recipes and my bread (breadmaker) comes out hard because I use different flours, a variety, and the bread tastes good, just the yeast doesn't expand the same because of lacking gluten, or something like that.

Last nights game did a number on me too when LA scored their first and 2nd goal. I'm conditioned to expect doom at that point, because Oilers. ;)

Reactions: Bobieque

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wanna say 98 against the Avs but every game seven since 90 has been on the road
Which is why its a misleading stat. Heh, there hasn't been a home game 7 since. Its not like were on any losing streak in that regard.

The main bugaboo the Oilers lifted last night was FINALLY winning a CLOSE playoff game and not having to score 5 goals to win a playoff game. The way the Oil won last night is a huge hurdle I guess. But i'd prefer for nerves that game 7 is a blow out win.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Worst case scenario would be not showing up or EDM working hard but every shot seemingly goes in for the Kings and Smith has his worst game when it matters. Guess we will see. lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Stars are like the Oilers, minimalist on powerplays

Wrong thread o h well
I swore off watching OOT series when the NHL ruined the experience by providing Calgary with a long bogus 5 on 3 and a bogus penalty shot call all in the same game which resulted in two Calgary goals and really has amounted to being the difference in the whole series thus far. I wonder if the NHL realizes they just lose market share when fans turn off games like that in disgust, due to how one sided the calls are. I've never seen a team get a long 5 on 3 and a penalty shot in same playoff game. Of course the Flames get that benefit. it was also the weakest penalty shot call I've ever seen in the playoffs. Of course it was on Gaudreau. So the NHL and its advertisers lost me as a viewer for the rest of that series. I suspect I'm not the only one.

NHL game management takes the whole point of watching sports away. I want athletes establishing results, not some lame NHL version of who should be winning.

Last edited:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Useful but Kane's done more than them for sure. Don't think he's in Pronger or Roloson tier yet though.
True. Kane has 7 goals already, those 3 guys I mentioned only combined for 13 over the 24 games.
I thought we were just talking good acquisitions, not excellent ones!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Just saw a blurb from Woodcroft on Sportsnet that suggests Nurse will play but Drai is "unknown."

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Kane is the W factor plain and simple. I mean McD is the best player in the playoffs but the presence of Kane is unstoppable playing with McD because opponents can't cheat coverage on both. if we had Kanes goals the last 2 playoffs we win those series as well. I've really enjoyed seeing him here and his presence has been transformative.

Something to think about. Kane is the best forward acquisition the org has EVER made. Better than Kent Nillson, better than Ken Linseman. This is really the first time the Oilers have acquired a superstar level of performance or an MVP caliber forward.

He's just been filthy here. Wonderful to see this.
:clap:Exactly this.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ahem…you called?

View attachment 546332

Me when I saw this burger.

Reactions: Bobieque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad