• Option 2 and 3 combined

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I want us to f***ing blow them out. Win 9-0 with zero moments of real tension. Score twice in the opening shift, 6-0 after 1st.
Would be interesting to know what was the biggest blowout in a Game 7?

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge...the Oilers have not won a Game 7 since May of 1998 against the Avs.

Mike Smith was 16 years old.

Evander Kane and Tyson Barrie were in elementary school.

Ceci, Nurse, and Kulak were in PreK/K.

Drai was just over 2.

Connor was just over a year old.

Pulju, Yams, and Bouch weren't even alive yet. Pulju was born three days after the win.

You got to think the Oilers keep their momentum. A rested Nurse should help as well.

Didn't we think that after Game 3? :sarcasm:

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Oilers are going to Blow LA out of the water.
I see a 5 - 1 victory. Drais minutes will be relaxed.
Nurse will come in hot and lay out some punishment.
Mcdavid records another 3 points.
Nuge scores the first goal.
Oilers look to the second round. Drai needs to rest a bit. Holloway call up for some practice time?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Back to back game 7's on a Hockey Night in Canada Saturday is probably making some TV execs drool.

This is one of the most important games in franchise history. And I say that having been around since day 1.
With even a matinee Game 7 featuring an Original 6 team.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Can we please grab Kings around the neck from behind and yank them backwards down to the ground like Andersen did on Drai last game? Just every scrum sneak up on a guy and just bend them over backwards in a headlock. Seems that is legal and not frowned upon.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge...the Oilers have not won a Game 7 since May of 1998 against the Avs.

Mike Smith was 16 years old.

Evander Kane and Tyson Barrie were in elementary school.

Ceci, Nurse, and Kulak were in PreK/K.

Drai was just over 2.

Connor was just over a year old.

Pulju, Yams, and Bouch weren't even alive yet. Pulju was born three days after the win.

Didn't we think that after Game 3? :sarcasm:

While true, they've only had two game 7s in that time frame, both of which were road games and ended in 1 goal losses (one had an empty netter).

Overall in franchise history they are 6-4 in Game 7s. 3-1 at home, but the last home one was first round vs. Winnipeg en route to their last Stanley Cup (they had to win Game 6 in Winnipeg as well).

In their only Game 7 loss at home, they actually scored the winning goal, just in the wrong net. All three of their Game 7 wins at home ultimatley led to winning the Stanley Cup (1984 vs. Calgary in the second round, 1987 vs. Philadelphia in the Cup Finals, and 1990 vs. Winnipeg in the first round)

Oilers are going to Blow LA out of the water.
I see a 5 - 1 victory. Drais minutes will be relaxed.
Nurse will come in hot and lay out some punishment.
Mcdavid records another 3 points.
Nuge scores the first goal.
Oilers look to the second round. Drai needs to rest a bit. Holloway call up for some practice time?

Bakersfield is facing elimination tonight, and need to win 3 straight against the first place Stockton team. Unless they pull off an amazing comeback, there will be 5 or 6 guys joining the team very soon if Edmonton wins.

Reactions: Laodongxi and ujju2

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Would be interesting to know what was the biggest blowout in a Game 7?
Wings 7-0 over the Avs in 2002 is the first one that comes to mind.

I'm actually confident that they'll win this game. They showed me a playoff resilience in Game 6 that I hadn't seen from this group, in particular when L.A. tied it at 2 in the 3rd and it didn't phase them one bit, not to mention overcoming some bad calls, the Drai injury, Nurse suspension etc. The deck was hugely stacked against them and they pulled it out.

Of course, they can easily reward my confidence in them by throwing it in the shitter with a Game 7 loss but I actually have a good feeling for the first time in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad