Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Kane is the W factor plain and simple. I mean McD is the best player in the playoffs but the presence of Kane is unstoppable playing with McD because opponents can't cheat coverage on both. if we had Kanes goals the last 2 playoffs we win those series as well. I've really enjoyed seeing him here and his presence has been transformative.

Something to think about. Kane is the best forward acquisition the org has EVER made. Better than Kent Nillson, better than Ken Linseman. This is really the first time the Oilers have acquired a superstar level of performance or an MVP caliber forward.

He's just been filthy here. Wonderful to see this.
The only other player the Oilers acquired that's made this deep of an impact was Chris Pronger.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I don't think I can handle living in Calgary as an Oilers fan if we lose and they move on

I quit following hockey when I lived there. That despite the Oilers were making the playoffs while the were missing (mid 90s-00s)

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
The people saying he shouldn't even play are the type that used to eat glue in school. I have all the time in the world for criticism that he's not a true #1 and likely was overpaid on his upcoming contract, but to suggest he's the Oilers 7th or 8th best defensemen shows you all you need to know about their cognitive capacity.

I mean if you truly love what the top 6 dmen did yesterday, at minimum you'd think he'd adequately replace Broberg's 3 minutes.

Watching Kulak and Ceci last night though, I'd consider reuniting Barrie and Nurse. They had some really good games together last year (albeit several stinkers as well).

The reason the defence was better last night is because the forwards didn't all get caught deep, came back hard, stayed in their lanes, had active sticks, and didn't blow the zone early.

Nurse being out may have been a blessing in disguise to get the team to actually play team defence, but he is still far and away the best d-man on the club.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Its pure advertising magic that burgers look like 6-8inches thick (wouldn't even fit in the box) and when you go and get one they're 2 inches thick and look like they've been stepped on.

If anybodies ever even seen a burger actually looking like that anywhere help some friends and let them know. heh

Not for myself. Best burgers for me are done on the Barbecue and I have to use a Gluten free bun (some of them are OK but its kind of sad panda stuff being Celiac)

Screw the bun, put it between two thick pieces of lettuce.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Most said word in hockey, puck or f***?

And also.. Bettman -> Bet man. Just think about it

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The reason the defence was better last night is because the forwards didn't all get caught deep, came back hard, stayed in their lanes, had active sticks, and didn't blow the zone early.

Nurse being out may have been a blessing in disguise to get the team to actually play team defence, but he is still far and away the best d-man on the club.
Its what I thought, the team would play with more responsibility, which is how it should be playing anyway. Kings weren't getting the shot quality or volume they were getting in the 3 previous games. Attention to D and details by the whole club was better.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I love that people think the NHL is simultaneously super incompetent while also devious/intelligent enough to orchestrate some anti-Canadian playoff conspiracy. Pretty incredible.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Screw the bun, put it between two thick pieces of lettuce.
We've opted for Romaine lettuce in the garden this year, been awhile since I grew it, but it seems to withstand hot summers better. Leaf lettuce is great to start, but quickly starts to age, get a bit bitter, and you have to keep it from seeding all the time.

I've used lettuce and swiss chard leaves before for small wraps and that kind of thing. We grow grapes here too and sometimes use those leaves for small Tapas. Probably pretty inauthentic but whatever we like.

Reactions: Kepler 186f

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Just realized McDavid wasn't awarded an assist on Draisaitl's SH goal in game 5. How the f*** did the NHL get away with that thievery.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Bounced off a king to Draisaitl did it not?
It did but not with clear possession which means the assist shouldn't be taken away. It's a minor quibble but just found it weird. Nothing surprises me with this league anymore though, they seem to make it up as they go along.

Reactions: Duke74

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Hope these guys don't think Game 7 is an automatic win... this team is guilty of that way too often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad