Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Final ever game at Rexall tomorrow.

Edit:

Important Information
Oilers vs. Canucks
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
5:00 PM MDT

We hope you will be joining us for the Oilers Farewell Night at Rexall Place next Wednesday, April 6. Over 150 Oilers Alumni have confirmed their participation in what will be a very memorable Closing Ceremony. Jari Kurri, Dave Semenko, Mike Krushelnyski, Martin Gelinas, Ron Chipperfield, Igor Kravchuk, Glenn Anderson and Georges Laraque are just a few of our alumni who will be present.

Please note these important changes for this game:

Game time has been moved to 5:00 PM. Doors at Rexall Place will open at 3:30 PM.
There will be a full intermission following the conclusion of the hockey game to allow for set-up of the Closing Ceremony. Concessions will remain open through the end of the post-game intermission.
The Scotiabank Club at ice level will close immediately after the post-game intermission.
All fans are encouraged to be in their seats immediately after the post-game intermission, so as not to miss any of the Closing Ceremony.
The Closing Ceremony is expected to last at least 90 minutes.
The Oilers Stores on the main concourse will remain open after the Closing Ceremony.
Thanks for the info that it starts at 5!

Last edited by a moderator:

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
The game is now starting at 5:00 and there will be a 90minute+ presentation after the game. Doors open at 3:30.

I hope the crowd gets to sing the anthem one last time. That is definitely one of my favorite moments from Rexall. Also, despite the team playing like ****, let's all make sure Rexall goes down in history as one of the loudest buildings the NHL has known. Maybe this will make the players realize how awesome Edmonton fans can be if they play with effort.

Hope to see an environment like 06 in there tomorrow!

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
By looking at lists of alumni who are attending surprised by seeing names like Zavisha, Werenka, Gage etc. But not including Sourray, Peca, Grier, Marchment Manson, Damphousse, Arnott, Ciger Pronger, Adam Graves, Mironov, Satan, Lindgren, Niinimma

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Game stars at 5? And ceremony after? Wow. Glad I started this thread lol. I might have strolled in late otherwise. Thanks

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
It was an open invitation to anyone who played even one game for the franchise. I assume anyone not in attendance is absent of their own volition.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
This is a real gut check game for me. If you can't produce an effort on a night like this then the Oilers no longer need your services.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Jurassic-World-Bryce-Dallas-Howard-1433879242.gif

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
It was an open invitation to anyone who played even one game for the franchise. I assume anyone not in attendance is absent of their own volition.

A lot of guys have jobs that they probably couldn't get away from as well.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that guys like Weight, Marchant, Staios, Jason Smith and Moreau can't be there.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

I'm actually pretty disappointed that guys like Weight, Marchant, Staios, Jason Smith and Moreau can't be there.

I was disappointed as well, those are the "vintage oilers" from my childhood. I was surprised that all of those guys are working around the league right now. Except Staios, who is GM of the Hamilton Bulldogs (I think).

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it...

I expect the Oilers to just dog it.

12-0 loss.

Go Canucks.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Oil Kings gave Rexall a decent last hurrah, lets see if these clowns have even the slightest semblance of pride.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So..how big of an egg will the Oilers lay for this historic moment. Maybe one big enough that it will be able to feed all the Oilers alumni in attendance.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
By looking at lists of alumni who are attending surprised by seeing names like Zavisha, Werenka, Gage etc. But not including Sourray, Peca, Grier, Marchment Manson, Damphousse, Arnott, Ciger Pronger, Adam Graves, Mironov, Satan, Lindgren, Niinimma

There was no way he was going to come. Even 10 years later the fans would let him have it.

I'm really upset that former Oiler D great Bob Beers isnt going to be there.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Niinimma is one guy who might be busy--he is one guy who when asked about his time in edmonton--he speaks highly of his time

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

All of those guys with the exception of Moreau (I think) are currently employed by NHL teams. They probably can't come even if they wanted to.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Final ever game at Rexall tomorrow. The game is scheduled to start just after 7, but they want people to be there for 5?

Anyone know what sort of thing they've got planned? Two hours before the game seems excessive lol.

They didn't want Lowe to make a speech before the puck drop to incite some pride into the team? :sarcasm:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I was disappointed as well, those are the "vintage oilers" from my childhood. I was surprised that all of those guys are working around the league right now. Except Staios, who is GM of the Hamilton Bulldogs (I think).

probably a lot of guys from the 70's and 80's who couldn't afford to come.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Home ice advantage:

If they're playing like dog **** after 1 period the Oil can send Messier down to peel the paint off the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille