Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Bruins - Saturday afternoon Beantown massacre

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Almost as unfair as BUF having to play against us. One of the worst teams with ****ty special teams going against league best PP and near top PK.

BOS lost to both NJ and LA in DEC and have lost more games than won in recent past. It's anyone's game.
Let's see what version of Oilers show up.
Well when you put that spin on it lol.

Desktop Email

Dec 28, 2019
My prediction is that the Bruins will win 5-2 including two empty net goals from their own zone.

Haas and Nurse strike for the Oilers in the first five minutes but the Bruins claw back and overtake them as their depth shines through and the best line in hockey destroys McDrai.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
If we win this game I'm probably going to have to stop being an Oilers fan.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
My prediction is that the Bruins will win 5-2 including two empty net goals from their own zone.

Haas and Nurse strike for the Oilers in the first five minutes but the Bruins claw back and overtake them as their depth shines through and the best line in hockey destroys McDrai.
I think we get heavily out played but finally our goalie bails us out with a 3-2 win.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Too many quality veterans on the B's still today.

We need a big game by kosko as usual. I am optimistic on his game.

ScoreGoalsPlease

Now with 35% more optimism!*
Jun 20, 2015
Yamamotors Inc.
We are Timothy Treadwell and the Bruins are every pissed off bear in Alaska. I hope they decide not to air the game as it's illegal to show bloody death on live tv.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I'd try to start Smith AND Koskinen together

Or just find some 800 lbs dude and strat some equipment on him and put him in net. I'm sure TLC could help us find some.

Honestly never understood why one team doesn't do this. You could literally give the guy 5 million dollars to sit in a net for 60 minutes every other night and he'd probably have the best save % in the league.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Or just find some 800 lbs dude and strat some equipment on him and put him in net. I'm sure TLC could help us find some.

Honestly never understood why one team doesn't do this. You could literally give the guy 5 million dollars to sit in a net for 60 minutes every other night and he'd probably have the best save % in the league.
I've wondered this kind of thing my whole life. Some 800lb man that's bigger than the net. Just take a forklift out and drop him there on the ice.

All this time I thought it was just me..

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Reactions: Satire

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I am aware that Boston is a powerhouse but I honestly haven’t tuned into too many Bruins games this season.

Maybe we come out strong and actually win ? Like someone mentioned , I noticed they have lots of OT losses.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I've wondered this kind of thing my whole life. Some 800lb man that's bigger than the net. Just take a forklift out and drop him there on the ice.

All this time I thought it was just me..
Are 800lb people wide enough to cover the whole width? Can't imagine there would be a lot of lateral movement there.

Or would you have to roll them up sideways?

John Scott was the heaviest player at 270.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad