Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Bruins - Saturday afternoon Beantown massacre

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
This game is a perfect recipe for a win to give us false hope before another 5 game losing streak.
This is exactly what will happen... there'll be playoff talk after they win, then they'll drop 8/10... standard recipe to keep us coming back... kinda like how I get that one birdie a round to make me golf again the next week... forgetting all the 7's and 9's on the other holes.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
giphy.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not to mention they have literally two of the best
Goalies in the league. It’s unfair :(
Almost as unfair as BUF having to play against us. One of the worst teams with shitty special teams going against league best PP and near top PK.

BOS lost to both NJ and LA in DEC and have lost more games than won in recent past. It's anyone's game.
Let's see what version of Oilers show up.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Almost as unfair as BUF having to play against us. One of the worst teams with ****ty special teams going against league best PP and near top PK.

BOS lost to both NJ and LA in DEC and have lost more games than won in recent past. It's anyone's game.
Let's see what version of Oilers show up.

Bostons record is being propped up by the Bettman loser point.
They have 11 O/T losses....most in the entire League.

I am not saying that they arent a very good team....they most certainly are.
But this isnt as dire as some posters are portraying it.

Oct 15, 2008
This is exactly what will happen... there'll be playoff talk after they win, then they'll drop 8/10... standard recipe to keep us coming back... kinda like how I get that one birdie a round to make me golf again the next week... forgetting all the 7's and 9's on the other holes.
What about the beer cart girl?

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
Well , we lost to Boston. So who is our next opponent ?
On a serious note. Oilers win. Drasaitl has 5 points. McDavid with 3.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
No McDraiPoints. Marchand + Pastrnak dominate and pass both McDavid and Draisaitl in the scoring race.

Everything about this team sucks right now. Even our top players (McDavid and... that's it) who have to drag the rest of the corpses along look like shit.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As I said...they are a very good team. They are still beatable though.
Everything depends on which version of the Oilers shows up to play tomorrow.
The thing is, I don't see Boston losing a third in a row, and I also don't see the Oilers suddenly being good for an entire game

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Need to string together a few wins to salvage this roadtrip and then we're back to a point where winning half our games makes the playoffs. It is hilarious how much we threw away in the past 10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad