GDT: Oilers vs Blues 6 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Look at who they surrounded Eichel with this offseason as well as drafting a legitimate #1 Dman this year. They added Skinner, Sabotka, Berglund, Hutton plus a few more players for some picks and ROR. They kept together the core players that they tanked for and built around them.
What i mean is It's a team with a lot of excitement but currently modest expectations, just like the 16-17 Oilers. Not saying they'll fail or anything, but we'll see how they handle it when expectations increase. 1 (albeit extended) winstreak is a little soon to call it.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
It would be neat if they could package a dog's breakfast of scrubs for an upgrade and then play P Russ......just because I like P Russ/The Danes.

Like Kassian, and Talbot for a conditional 7th and a shoe

then run
Rieder-McDavid-Draisaitl
Zykov-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Spooner-Chiasson/Rattie
Lucic-Brodziak-Russell
Khaira

good Lucic>Kassian>awful Lucic>penalty box Kassian
plus they probably can't trade Lucic.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chiasson-McDavid-Draisaitl
Khaira-RNH-Puljujarvi
P.Russell-Spooner-Rattie
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Gravel-Benning

Talbot

As per gregor

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Have no idea who the hell those wingers are with O'Reilly

Sanford-O’Reilly-Thomas
Perron-Schenn-Kyrou
Maroon-Bozak-Tarasenko
Nolan-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Bortozzo
Bouwmeester-Butler

Allen

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Hahahahhaahhahhahaha

Really? Jealous of a team that actively and embarrassingly tanked thinking it would land them McDavid, and were disappointing and even irate because they didn't understand how a lottery works.

I will never be jealous of that franchise. That stink will always be there (for me anyways).

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
4-2 Blues. McDavid isn't Superman, and will still probably be feeling the effects of his sickness. No one else on the team to carry the ball for him. Defence is probably the most offensively challenged group in the league.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
lol, I don't even have any animosity towards the Sabres, so good for them. Wonder if there will be a "Seattle has overtaken the Oilers rebuild" article in a few years.
If the market is getting ahead of itself Gary should send Chiarelli there to manage it until they are squarely where they should be again.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hahahahhaahhahhahaha

Really? Jealous of a team that actively and embarrassingly tanked thinking it would land them McDavid, and were disappointing and even irate because they didn't understand how a lottery works.

I will never be jealous of that franchise. That stink will always be there (for me anyways).

If the stink will always be there for the Sabres then what does that say about the Oilers?

Which franchise has been worse that past 10 years?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Oilers will play even worse again, expecting McD to do everything. But he'll still be a bit ill possibly. So no chance here.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Koskinen played excellent last game. He also let in the 3rd shot he faced (less than 5 mins in) and had let in 3 of the first 17. You Talbot bashers may just have to face the fact that our team is capable of some pretty shoddy defense from time to time.

3rd goal was a Jamie Benn one timer on a PP. Not sure how you figure he "let it in."

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
If the stink will always be there for the Sabres then what does that say about the Oilers?

Which franchise has been worse that past 10 years?

Both have been complete and absolute shit lol. No real better or worse team.
You can say a lot of things about the Oilers and how pathetic we have been, but we never traded away performing players for bad value just for the sake of the tank. Not denying management wasnt tanking, but they werent actively tanking. They did nothing.

Both teams were (are) embarrassing and pathetic, but what the Sabres did and how they handled it goes against the hockey code. Dishonorable.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Both have been complete and absolute **** lol. No real better or worse team.
You can say a lot of things about the Oilers and how pathetic we have been, but we never traded away performing players for bad value just for the sake of the tank. Not denying management wasnt tanking, but they werent actively tanking. They did nothing.

Both teams were (are) embarrassing and pathetic, but what the Sabres did and how they handled it goes against the hockey code. Dishonorable.

IMO the Oilers have been a bigger s*** show than the Sabres. They literally havent made one good decision from a management perspective in those 10 years. Missed the playoffs 11 years in a row.
There is no other NHL team able to match that level of futility.

Honestly I dont think we are in a position to look down our nose at any other NHL team or even any other team in Professional sports for that matter.

Reactions: Skar

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
IMO the Oilers have been a bigger s*** show than the Sabres. They literally havent made one good decision from a management perspective in those 10 years. Missed the playoffs 11 years in a row.
There is no other NHL team able to match that level of futility.

Honestly I dont think we are in a position to look down our nose at any other NHL team or even any other team in Professional sports for that matter.
I blame Katz and his perverted ex-Oiler fetish. He's got a whole collection of them. It's actually quite impressive if you think of it. He has got to get his priorities straight. What a joke.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I blame Katz and his perverted ex-Oiler fetish. He's got a whole collection of them. It's actually quite impressive if you think of it. He has got to get his priorities straight. What a joke.

100%.

From a purely hockey ops perspective Katz has been the worst owner in the NHL since he bought the team.
Its been a toy instead of a business and for that reason he has ruined this team so far.
So we agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad