GDT: Oilers vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
lol the ref didn't even see the trip. He threw his hand up when he saw the Jacket on the ice.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One of those nights, yeah this PGT could be the ugliest of the year.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Minus Pitlick. Not sure why they ever sat the guy. It really makes me question the coaching staff and how competent they are.

Even Pitlick.

The moment he got moved up screwed the momentum.

He scored a workman's goal but he's a straight line player. When you need him to do too much, he's ineffective. He handles the puck like a grenade.

...and that's not a complaint. He's been a phenomenal fourth liner. Just don't expect more out of him yet.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Why? The Core made about $80,000 tonight each... what do they care?

It's precisely that attitude causing this team to lose games. It doesn't help that TMac seemingly encourages it by NEVER scratching the worst offenders, but rest assured the country club is alive and well with Poo, RNH and Eberle in the lineup on a consistent basis.

Why, if you're a Pitlick or Puljujarvi, should you even try when your effort is constantly overlooked in favor of laziness? On and on it goes down the roster, gradually taking out the entire team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm not saying he isn't partially to blame on the losses. But I'd sooner measure the success of a goalie on what he does in regulation. Those OT/SO losses means that Talbot kept them in the game for at least 3 periods. I don't see how you could see an overtime or shootout loss and blame it on the goalie.

Talbot has been outworked by Bobrovsky this game, but he has also been lights out for portions of the season as well.

Does it? He let in a goal with 30 seconds left in Buffalo and has let in a few goals in the dying minutes.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Yup. PGT gonna get ugly. Need to give Talbot some breaks. Cant afford to when you have the Monster as a backup. Not good tonight.

Nuge and Ebs have to be better.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Try and not lose your wits all together, this one was tough to watch during the 2nd and 3rd. Ugly all around.

Bob did make some nice saves in fairness.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers fired 7 shots on that PP and at had a number of good chances. Bob stopped them all. If he lets one in that's probably the game.

The NHL is a tight, tight game. You can't afford any mistakes by your goalie. Whether he's tired or whatever he can't let that third goal in.

He's not the reason the Oilers are losing but he isn't the reason they're winning games either. Average tonight, not very good in Buffalo, good in Minnesota.

How was Talbot at fault in the Buffalo game? You're really reaching here.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
It's precisely that attitude causing this team to lose games. It doesn't help that TMac seemingly encourages it by NEVER scratching the worst offenders, but rest assured the country club is alive and well with Poo, RNH and Eberle in the lineup on a consistent basis.

Why, if you're a Pitlick or Puljujarvi, should you even try when your effort is constantly overlooked in favor of laziness? On and on it goes down the roster, gradually taking out the entire team.

This....

TMac doesn't have the BALLS to scratch one of The Core

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Lol...the little jump forward, kick the legs up, fling the head back, spread the arms out. What a dive. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad