GDT: Oilers vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Nuge can't leave fast enough in my opinion. Shades of Gagner out there with his horrid offensive ability both 5 on 5 and especially on the pp. Hey let me turn my back on you sow you can shove me against the wall steal the puck and clear the zone. Rinse and repeat.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Watching Nuge NOT take open ice towards the net and then seeing Eberle trip over nothing and fall into the net...

I really wish the Oilers had more urgency. More dedication and grind. More tenacity. Take your pick on the word. But they need to put more into it.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We're blaming Talbot for the last 2 goals, maybe you should watch the game.

Idiot.

LOL. Yep. You can tell the ideologues from the logical and rational people. Logical and rational people go by facts and what they see with their eyes. I'm not watching the game, but I DID see that goal that CLB just scored and that should've been stopped. Ideologues go by faith and have heroes or players they idealize and look up to and never question. You can't be that way as a scrutinizing and discriminating fan who demands a top quality team. We need work in other areas, true, so it's not all on Cam. I keep saying that, but the ideologues will ignore it, because they don't believe in rational thought (it goes against ideologue methodology, and they just see it as a 'power play' of sorts, words wise), so you will hear the "this is all on Cam, duuurrr" being repeated by the nimwits who can't think for themselves, or refuse to do so. But yeah, we do need a better goalie. That just seems so abundantly clear by now.

Okay, ideologues. You may commence your stupid "this is all on Cam, durrrr" mockery, and twist what people are ACTUALLY saying. You have a precious faith to keep, and rationality and truth have no room in there.

Didn't see CLB's 3rd goal, but that 2nd goal was inexcusable. I'll find the 3rd goal now...

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Ah, yes, why ever would you want to win on a night when two points is the difference between 6th (and possibly lower) in the West versus 2nd?

This is a typical TMac team when in a pressure situation, no doubt about it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Wut? Letestu and McDavid had Grade A chances, didn't see any others.

Talbot should have had the last two goals but the entire team is trash and quite honestly has been for a while but lets blame the goalie. Maybe Talbot can go elsewhere and go all Dubnyk on the league and maybe then people will realize that it's the team in front of him that's the issue. I'll just reiterate that Talbot hasn't had a great game but I see you blaming him all the time and it's unjustified IMO.

The Oilers fired 7 shots on that PP and at had a number of good chances. Bob stopped them all. If he lets one in that's probably the game.

The NHL is a tight, tight game. You can't afford any mistakes by your goalie. Whether he's tired or whatever he can't let that third goal in.

He's not the reason the Oilers are losing but he isn't the reason they're winning games either. Average tonight, not very good in Buffalo, good in Minnesota.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah this PGT thread will get ugly, I'm out after the game. Stick by until the better end, we've missed some grade A chances.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'll bet you he would, Drew. That's how he handles the puck.

Tyler Pitlick's stick is a wet noodle.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Watching Nuge NOT take open ice towards the net and then seeing Eberle trip over nothing and fall into the net...

I really wish the Oilers had more urgency. More dedication and grind. More tenacity. Take your pick on the word. But they need to put more into it.

Why? The Core made about $80,000 tonight each... what do they care?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Watching Seth Jones in this game makes me so envious that Columbus got him. He's such a good breakout passer, his accuracy when hitting a teammate in the neutral zone from his own zone is fantastic.

The Oilers defensemen look like peewee players by comparison when it comes to their breakout passing.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Why don't we just say that he is 14-0... cause really losses don't equal losses. SMH

I'm not saying he isn't partially to blame on the losses. But I'd sooner measure the success of a goalie on what he does in regulation. Those OT/SO losses means that Talbot kept them in the game for at least 3 periods. I don't see how you could see an overtime or shootout loss and blame it on the goalie.

Talbot has been outworked by Bobrovsky this game, but he has also been lights out for portions of the season as well.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We outplay teams for 2 periods but our 1 bad period is so bad that we lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad