GDT: Oilers vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Forget the game, need more Hall/Larsson debate. That's where the action is :)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Need this one bad. Kings, Sharks and Ducks all playing "meh" teams tonight.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Rangers 2.0

We won't be able to handle the relentless pressure. Could get ugly if we don't bring our skating legs.

Jun 9, 2011
Phew, thanks for starting this. I see the schedule, but come here for confirmation. If there is no GDT, I suspect I have my days of the week mixed up. :laugh:

Must win. <- all of the rest.

Davidson returns at the perfect moment. I want him to do really well, but not well enough to attract attention from Vegas.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I hate this "it's a good test" narrative that springs up every time we face a hot team. I mean, every team is apparently a test for us. Can't even pass the buffalo test, the coyotes test, the leafs test, etc.

Last edited:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Good to get Davidson back. I'm not expecting much as it's his first game back, but getting some size on the backend will help against a team like Columbus. Even if Russell and Benning are willing to battle, those two along with Sekera and Simpson have the blue line being too small/weak, making the team easy to cycle against.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
By points percentage the Blue Jackets are the best team in the league. Winners of 6 in a row. Have only lost 2 in regulation since the start of November....

Hope we get a win.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
I suspect Davidson will be rusty.

The Oilers will play a competitive game but lose in OT while on a four on three penalty kill caused by a brutal penalty call.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
By points percentage the Blue Jackets are the best team in the league. Winners of 6 in a row. Have only lost 2 in regulation since the start of November....

Hope we get a win.

But the oilers have been nothing short of dominant over the Jackets at home. IIRC something like 20-4-1 in their last 25 home games.

Clash of historical trend versus recent success. I pick the oil tonight

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Wait.. Columbus doesn't suck anymore?
Is Tortorella still in charge?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
It'll be nice to see Davidson back in the lineup. Everyone knows I was likely his biggest fan last year and might have pumped his tires a little too much, but if he can get back to that level it will help us out immensely.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Hope we get a win.

One of those was to the Flames that they completely stole...

Oilers play too many close games. Could stand to blow a team out every so often.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
What's with the apathy? :shakehead

I used to look forward to these GDTs and subsequent chatter.

Yea HFOIL has been pretty quiet these last few weeks. I'm hesitant to call people apathetic for the lack of quality GDTs though, as the usual suspects put way too much time and effort into those to expect them to treat us with awesome GDTs every game.

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Good to have Davidson back, hoping for a big win tonight.

What's with the apathy? :shakehead

I used to look forward to these GDTs and subsequent chatter.

Yea HFOIL has been pretty quiet these last few weeks. I'm hesitant to call people pathetic for the lack of quality GDTs though, as the usual suspects put way too much time and effort into those to expect them to treat us with awesome GDTs every game.

Losing to the dregs of the NHL as much as we have when we could have taken a strangle hold of our division with those gimme points takes a toll on a fanbase that is used to a decade of garbage, and getting the rug pulled out from under us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad