GDT: Oilers vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
one of the most delayed calls ive ever seen

That arm took ages to go up.

Man, tonight turned pretty rough. Oilers need to relearn how to play hockey. They seem to have forgotten. Almost everyone. McDavid probably played his worst NHL game. Which says something because he had some decent chances.

Sekera was decent. Pitlick had some shifts. Kassian didn't bring any energy, which says something about the whole team. Guessing McLollen sits Pulju for Hendricks next game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yep, we have to bury our chances. And Talbot has to be better to, if he possibly can.

Well you have to give Bob credit he played like a Vezina goalie tonight. The only luck bounce we got was called off on a soft goalie interference call on a save Bob never had any chance to make. Our goalie let in 2 weak ones that Bob didn't and that was the difference. We were outplayed sure, but not to the point where we didn't play well enough to get that to OT.

How anyone can think Talbot wasn't out matched to a massive degree by Bob is beyond me.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Maybe he could rant about himself. So dumb taking out the blender again.

He won't. I've never seen a coach so averse to taking responsibility as TMac.

Honestly, give any team McDavid + Russell and I'm betting you they'd be in exactly the same place points-wise. McLellan isn't helping a thing.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Actually yes, the first goal was brutal. The last two goals were horrible D coverage.

Did Bob let any brutal goals in this game? I wonder how many he's let in total this season. Would be interesting to see how many 'brutal' goals in total Cam has let in compared to the known legit #1's. I'd honestly be interested to know.

The game is so close now, with so much parity, you can't let in bad goals. They are backbreakers more often than not.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Officiating was horrible, but that's not why we lost. So while I will complain about the refs, our team has to be better.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Did Bob let any brutal goals in this game? I wonder how many he's let in total. Would be interesting to see how many 'brutal' goals in total Cam has let in compared to the known legit #1's. I'd honestly be interested to know.

The game is so close now, with so much parity, you can't let in bad goals. They are backbreakers more often than not.

I'd wonder how many games Talbot's stolen games for us this season. Sure he was outplayed today by a wide margin. But if you're honestly interested, as you state, I think he'd have let in slightly more bad goals than league average, but also made more amazing saves than league average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad