GDT: Oilers vs Avalanche|02/01/2015|No Honour For Connor Edition[MOD WARNING IN THE OP ]

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Also has EJ become the fan favorite? The guy is just BEASTLY. Also whoever had the comment about making Mack a healthy scratch.. I'm in. At least until he can learn how to skate with the puck for more than 2 seconds.

I honestly don't see the harm in scratching him for a game just to let him see the game from above. I wanted him scratched in November. He was brutal against a brutal Oilers team. A guy like Mackinnon should be feasting on the oilers yet he looked as skillfull as wyatt smith last night. Handles the puck like its a tennis ball of gravel road, cant make a pass, cant accept a pass. EJ gave him an easy pass to come out the zone and instead of receiving it like a normal person it flys off his stick and the Oilrrs get it at their blue line. The pass wasnt that difficult to handle it was on the ice and not even that hard.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
After dumping on Holden for the entire first half, I have to give him credit...he's played 2 strong games in a row. I don't think Redmond should be sitting at his expense but at least he's playing well enough right now.

I also thought Duchene looked better last night than he has in the past 3-4 weeks but still not as good as he can be for sure.

Yup Holdens been much better since his stint in the lress box. Hope Roy does the same to Mackinnon to get him going

umdieecke*

This healthy scratch stuff is a hysterically bad idea from the cost of being wrong standpoint alone.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Im sure being a healthy scratch at 19 is gonna destroy his life

It's unlikely that watching a game from above will provide him with an epiphany on how to play in the NHL.

Seems to me the suggestion is mostly made because some fans want to punish him for not playing as well as they think he should.

If he was lazy on the ice, I could see the point of sending a message. But that's not really a problem with MacKinnon/Duchene or anyone else on the team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
MacK doesn't need to be scratched. He's struggling, but it's not snowballing so much that you have to pull him, so we should be letting him play through it instead. Having him on Malkin's wing with Briere on the other side, until Everberg or McGinn are back in the lineup, is a good spot to get his game back.

member 116861

10890781_718765111571587_308110328_n.jpg

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
wasn't Mueller a C during his time here?

I can't remember that far back if they were linemates.

Ugh, I do remember Mueller tearing it up with 20 pts in 15 games before Blake hit him.

What could have been. :shakehead:shakehead

without that unfortunate hit by Blake , Mueller would probaly still be with us adding points with Duchene . We all know that to have a good line talent isnt everything . Chemistry is a huge part of success and Mueller had solid chemistry with Duchene .

umdieecke*

Im sure being a healthy scratch at 19 is gonna destroy his life

See Freudians response.

It's a meathead move. It would be like unnecessarily challenging the other teams goalie to a fight and then getting your a*s kicked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad