Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v Stars Nov 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
Alright boys. Let's bounce back after a tough loss. The Stars are walking wounded. Missing nearly half of their forward group. Pin down Benn, Seguin, and Klingberg and you can eliminate 90% of their offensive skill.

They'll be on the tail end of a back to back and probably playing Lehtonen, who has not been good so far.

Let's Do this.

Also, Go Stars (tonight). Beat the Flames.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Stars are so beatable. They are missing 2/4 of their forward lines. They don't have the players to stock up a second powerplay unit.

Their D is very beatable. McDavid can really shine tomorrow.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Stars are so beatable. They are missing 2/4 of their forward lines. They don't have the players to stock up a second powerplay unit.

Their D is very beatable. McDavid can really shine tomorrow.

matchup is good. but the first game back after a road trip... :(

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
5-1 Oilers. Oil will be pissed from losing in Pittsburgh, and Stauffer was saying they were choked after the Ranger game too.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
5-1 Oilers. Oil will be pissed from losing in Pittsburgh, and Stauffer was saying they were choked after the Ranger game too.

Actually, the choking happened just before that game ended :sarcasm:

Bad break in Pittsburgh though... only thing I dislike about this team so far is they can't seem to score with the net empty. I always believe they can tie the game if they're down in the first or 2nd, which is a nice change. But they give up a lead late like that it's game over...

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Next 6 games are tough,
Dal
NYR
@ana
@lak
@dal
Chi

Hoping for 6-7pts.

After the next 6 games we should have a great idea if this team is a legitimate playoff team.

Is there not a stat out there which says approx. 80% of teams that are in a playoff spot on American Thanksgiving will make the post season?

Come out of that stretch with 7+ points and I moving from cautiously optimistic to full out optimistic that the team can get into the playoffs....

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A classic case where we should beat them and beat them handily.

So in other words a guaranteed loss.

Hope the guys can get their killer instinct going. For intangibles of a team the Oilers have very little "killer instinct".

Any team going through injuries, personal troubles, or appears weak on paper seem to get the soft treatment more often than not.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Next 6 games are tough,
Dal W - Stars have lots of injuries and on second night of B2B. Gotta win.
NYR W - Rangers on second night of B2B. Gotta win. Redemption for loss in NY.
@ana W - Ducks are sputtering out of gate. Time to take advantage.
@lak L - Kings are rolling now. Somebody needs to tune in Pearson though.
@dal W - Take advantage again while they're down. Gotta win in Dallas eventually.
Chi W - I'm gonna say win. I think they'll be up for this game.

Hoping for 6-7pts.

I think they can grab 8-10 points here. I'm gonna say 10 with a win over Chicago but a loss there wouldn't surprise me either.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Stars lines in CGY:

Benn-Faksa-Korpikoski
Roussel-Seguin-(Eaves)
McKenzie-Shore-Ritchie
Smith-Dowling-Cracknell

we better win if that is what they are icing tomorrow

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lander > The Others, actually. Critical penalty killer. Faceoffs. Crucial to the team's success.

Yeah, I would keep Lander in as well actually. He's an important part of our PK unit. I'd keep Slepyshev in over Hendricks as well.

Hate to say it, but Hendricks is likely on his way out and the outside looking in. Nothing personal, it's about icing the best team possible.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Lucic - Draisaitl - Pitlick
Pouliot - RNH - Puljujarvi
Hendricks - Letestu - Lander

:handclap:

This lineup would be perfect if Kassian was healthy and replaced Pulju.

A part of me thinks that Pitlick would be a great fit with McDavid with his simple game and 'crash the net' mentality.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Stars lines in CGY:

Benn-Faksa-Korpikoski
Roussel-Seguin-(Eaves)
McKenzie-Shore-Ritchie
Smith-Dowling-Cracknell

KORPIKOSKI a first-line player in the NHL?

Did not see that coming.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Stars lines in CGY:

Benn-Faksa-Korpikoski
Roussel-Seguin-(Eaves)
McKenzie-Shore-Ritchie
Smith-Dowling-Cracknell

For real? We should feast on that lineup.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We should feast on that lineup translated to the Oilers means we'll get **** on by that lineup

These are important home games where we need to pick up points and win.

Hopefully the team is focused and understands it's a must-win. We haven't played well when we've been the favourite this year, that trend must end now. This is a new team, and it's obvious we aren't the "same old Oilers", but the old habits of not winning games we should must end. Right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad