Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v Predators Thurs 7 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuinness

According to the interview with TMac from yesterday he’s a few days away and they won’t do anything to rush it. Sounds like a back issue as he’s said twice now that he can wake up and be back to square one.

Maybe he needs a new mattress.

When he comes back I imagine Gryba will be the one heading to SoCal.

Sure hope you are right about the Gryba thing. As much as Benning has struggled from time to time, I'd still rather Gryba out and heading south. And I think Davy has looked pretty solid since coming back. Hoping for a win tonight. Maybe Nashville is tired from beating up on the Canucks last night? Go Oilers!!!

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Which Oiler team shows up tonight? I'm feeling good about this team right now.. but they've been so terrible at home this season, especially after a road trip or long break. Gotta take advantage of a tired Preds team playing their backup.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Jesus have you guys seen the highlights from yesterdays game. Nashville with 3 fluke goals out of the first 4 and a 2 on 0 short handed. Also 3rd goal on Nilsson let in from center ice, coach left him in net to get lit up for 7. Just brutal. I didn't seem like Nashville dominated, more so Canucks quit.

McGuinness

Feeling pretty good about how the team has played the last few games, especially with McD and PoolParty playing well together, but I do feel that tonight's game will be decided by Broissoit. If he gives up the Dubnyk softie we could be in trouble. We have a chance for sure, just need Broissoit to play somewhat solid, imo.

Oh and avoid the penalty box, just to be safe.

Connor McFries

5-14-6-1
Jan 9, 2008
Real nervous for this game. Nashville is legit and they have the D to keep the McDavid somewhat limited. Depth scoring will be key here.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Jesus have you guys seen the highlights from yesterdays game. Nashville with 3 fluke goals out of the first 4 and a 2 on 0 short handed. Also 3rd goal on Nilsson let in from center ice, coach left him in net to get lit up for 7. Just brutal. I didn't seem like Nashville dominated, more so Canucks quit.

Nilsson got a little upset last night....

0tHvnku.gif

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Best stick smash ever.

I swear, Ron Hextall did the same type of swing back when he played in Brandon, but instead of hitting the crossbar it was an opposing player's head. Saw a brief video clip of it years ago, the PBP guy was freaking out like he just witnessed a murder.

Hextall was a one-of-a-kind snap show in junior, in his final WHL season he had 117 PIM in 46 games. As a goalie. How is that even possible?

In the history of the NHL, I think there's only been 3 times where a goalie's had >100 PIM in a season, and it was Hextall ('86 to '88) each time.

EDIT: Found the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@Night Witch any chance we can get some specific curses and hexes like from last game? I like the chicken sacrifice, but I feel like it might take a little more advanced witchcraft to bring the Preds down.

The Oilers literal beat down of the Blue Jackets and the goal from center ice Subban scored v the hated Canuck is evidence of my power.

Ask and ye shall receive:

The blessing I have put on the Nashville Predators to soundly thrash the heathen Canucks has a nasty hidden boomerang effect.

I have cursed the hands of PK Subban so his shots will float like a feather and be plucked from the air with ease.

I have blessed the hands of Klefbom so his shots will be as if fired from artilley with devasting effect.

I have caused a goal scoring blight on Forsberg and all Nashville forwards upon which seem as dry as the Sahara Desert.

I have blessed the goal scoring of McJesus and the Oiler forwards, upon which goals shall flow like the raging rivers in a spring flood.

I have caused a hex of desperation and despair to be cast upon Juse Sauros which will delay his reflexes and dull his wits so that pucks may enter his net with ease.

I have blessed the net of Laurent Croissant which will have the boon of a force field to deflect all pucks high or wide. Especially those shot from an 85 degree angle.

Just. Win.

Reactions: Tremor

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I swear, Ron Hextall did the same type of swing back when he played in Brandon, but instead of hitting the crossbar it was an opposing player's head. Saw a brief video clip of it years ago, the PBP guy was freaking out like he just witnessed a murder.

Hextall was a one-of-a-kind snap show in junior, in his final WHL season he had 117 PIM in 46 games. As a goalie. How is that even possible?

In the history of the NHL, I think there's only been 3 times where a goalie's had >100 PIM in a season, and it was Hextall ('86 to '88) each time.

Oh yeah, I remember Hextall. His running down Chelios is classic. I remember he was public enemy number one here when he took the ankles out from Kent Nilsson in the playoffs one year.

I actually coached a goalie like him once upon a time. Oh the stories I could tell....

Reactions: Digger12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers need to dictate pace and physicality to the Preds tonight. Being that the Preds just played last night, have to fly here, the Oilers should be a lot fresher and have more energy. Don't feel you way into the game, don't be tentative, make the Preds worry about our rushes from the first shift.

Due to the Preds playing back to back and the Oilers playing better recently we should be able to get a result here but it will require the Oilers better effort.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oilers need to dictate pace and physicality to the Preds tonight. Being that the Preds just played last night, have to fly here, the Oilers should be a lot fresher and have more energy. Don't feel you way into the game, don't be tentative, make the Preds worry about our rushes from the first shift.

Due to the Preds playing back to back and the Oilers playing better recently we should be able to get a result here but it will require the Oilers better effort.
Oilers playing at home against a team that played the night before and using their backup.

Easy win. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There was another called back goal last night that was surprising. Every overhead view shown indicated the play was not offside, with the wingers managing to stay onside, but the goal was called back which would have made it 2-1 and given the Nucks some life. It was a nice pass/shot by Gagner for the goal which didn't count. Seems odd for a league that wants more goals to look at 16 different angles in finding the slightest fraction of an inch in which to call off a goal that looked valid in realtime and looked valid from every overhead/side camera angle shown.

In Other words stupid.

Reactions: RegDunlop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad