Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v Predators Thurs 7 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The last pregame thread I did the evening before the game seemed to work, so twice is the charm I suppose. Someone asked early in that thread for a Night Witch curse on the Blue Jackets and it worked so I have been busy all day brewing up a batch of hexes to cast on the Predators tomorrow. Tonight I have blessed them as we need them to tromp on the heathen Canucks. (In all seriousness my forum name is one of my favourite Sabaton songs...I am not really a witch).

Nashville is a huge challenge for the Oilers of course given they are an incredibly well balanced team top to bottom with perhaps the “Best Defence in the League” (with apologies to the Calgary Flames for using their trademark without permission.)

3 really great efforts but now we need to turn the trick at Rogers which has been cursed for us this year. But I climbed up to the roof at Rogers a few minutes ago and sacrificed a chicken so all should be good going forward.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
This one will be a big test, the Preds are a really good team imo - they have d that can put the puck in the net and keep it out just the same, they have good 2 way forwards and usually capable goaltending. A win will be huge for our confidence. I expect a really good battle.

We have the same qualities in our team and the guys have been good lately, real real good. Just need a proper tending performance and we're good to go.

Reactions: Night Witch

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Your pre game thread was so awesome we didn’t even need a GDT, Night Witch.

This game tomorrow is really going to be a test for the club. Crashville is 7-1-2 in their past ten games. I’m hoping the good Oilers show up ready to play, and take no prisoners like they did against Columbus.

One of my stepdaughters and her fiancée will be in attendance as well. He’s a big time Preds fan. It wouldn’t break my heart if the Oilers ruined their night.

Reactions: Night Witch

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
When is Larsson back? The way most of the other players are playing I'd love to have him in for Benning.

Reactions: McClelland

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Rinne is playing in Vancouver right now so it looks like the Oilers will be facing Saros.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
can we win the special teams battle against Nashville? i think we will be fine 5 v 5 with how we have been playing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
This road trip strongly suggests that the team does much better against the other teams #1 goalie. :nod:

It’s actually a real stat. We are 2-6 vs starting backups this year. I’m tracking all our opponents goalies and our record v opponents on back to backs. This is our 4th b2b tomorrow. We have 1 W, 1 OTW and 1 L v teams who played the night before.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
When is Larsson back? The way most of the other players are playing I'd love to have him in for Benning.

Listening to the interview with TMac today he won’t be available for a while, till he’s 100% and it sure sounds like his back went out.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I’m more worried about our 4-9 record at home then I’m worried about Nashville.

Would be a huge win if we can manage.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The Preds are red f***ing hot and are on a winning rampage.

We need a full 60 minute effort or this will be an awful night . Gotta treat this like a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad