Pre-Game Talk: Oilers v Panthers Sat 2 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Don’t think we should get our hopes up for this one. Team is limping and out of sorts right now and the Panthers will feast on that. Oilers need to wrap up that trip…get home…and get some fundamentals coached into them ( backchecking is not merely skating along with the puck carrier….yes, hockey is a contact sport….good defence is not all 5 guys watching the play unfold, etc).
But I’m a dreamer.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017

Attachments

• Hotpot.png
    Hotpot.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 1

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Don’t think we should get our hopes up for this one. Team is limping and out of sorts right now and the Panthers will feast on that. Oilers need to wrap up that trip…get home…and get some fundamentals coached into them ( backchecking is not merely skating along with the puck carrier….yes, hockey is a contact sport….good defence is not all 5 guys watching the play unfold, etc).
But I’m a dreamer.
Another afternoon game so probably a third straight loss in regards to those start times. But we will see if the defense actually holds up for once. And hopefully McDavid can score another goal or two and get more points. lol

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Time to put McDrai together.

Sick and tired of Pulju being an anchor on that line.
Who will be todays anchor?
Jokes aside.

Load up the 1st line. Make a good 2 way 3rd line, like järnmark mcLeod Ryan. Make a though 4th line.
Make a 2nd line of whatevers centered by Nuge and hope for miraclous found chemistry.

Benson Nuge Pulju

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
JP would be better suited in the bottom 6 at this point. Personally I think he should be scratched but I doubt that will help his game. He can't handle adversity or pressure.

He is never going to fully put it all together. And I don't think Mcdavid likes playing with him. Get him off the team or at minimum in the bottom 6

Nobody trusts him, everyone on the team looks elsewhere to pass the puck. Say what u want about that - everyone will have their opinion on it. But it's messing with chemistry and not helping the team ice the best possible line up.
Dont say bottom - say 3rd line. Sounds better.

My 4th line now is yamamoto Shore Puljujärvi
Maybe they could do something right.

Fogele MacLeod Ryan as a 3rd line?

Järnmark Nuge Kostin a 2nd line - because thats whats the only hope that is left.

Draisaitl McDavid Hyman playing 30 min /night.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Half the teams we have played so far are bottom 12 teams right now. Only 4 games we have played are in the top 12.

I feel really bad for Drai with that line lol
McDavid, Nuge, Hyman, Kane, MacLeodvcan play hockey.
Leon can play when he is in for it.
Järnmark, Fogele, Benson, Ryan can fill out in nottom 6.
Kostin is unproven.
Shore, Puljujärvi, Yamamoto is bad for 10 gamws, good for two and are liabillitys set in other lines. Keep them out from the middle group and top 6ers.
The 4th line has to be Yamamoto Shore Puljujärvi, and they should jus play a forechecking, checking, hard skating hockey, shot the puck when the see it - and not so much more. Let the other players play constructive, offensive cycle - and attacking hockey.
Its bad, but it is the reality now.
Järnmark can play center as well, so the 3rd line may has to be
Fogele Järnmark Ryan, so there is MacLeod up to top6 to not sink 1st and 2nd line. Throw in Kositin with leon and really just hope for the best.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Expectations are low for this one.

We’re just not a very good team with horrendous goaltending from Campbell.

Skinner needs to take the net and establish himself as the #1

Reactions: tardigrade81

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Knight, Boldy, Caufield, Zegras….and we picked the made of glass defender who doesn’t know how to use a kitchen knife properly.
I was a big proponent of drafting D but looking at these players, we definitely messed up. Hopefully Broberg turns into a dandy but the Doomsday clock is ticking

I don’t believe this is a bad team, BUT they are playing like a bad team the past few weeks (inconsistent as fook). They can pull out if this nose dive, and better if they want to be more than a WC candidate.

When you are playing bad and teams you are playing are playing good, they all seem like top tier teams.

Nobody is feeling sorry for them that they lost Kane, have pisspoor defence, their RFA signings are dook and goaltending has been well below average the past few games.

Get your shit together men.
Well said.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This team usually surprises when we have chocked up a loss so I say we win this game.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
A few random thoughts:

Skinner - should start in this game. In last game Campbell was horrible. More than that, he clearly shows a lack of confidence out there and I believe that hurts the rest of the team.

Holloway - he deserves a goal at this point. Has had so many chances. I would like to see him get a little more PP time and with the 1st PP unit, that should get him a goal and some confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad