Rumor: Oilers to bring back Todd McFarlane jerseys 'with a twist' in 2022-23 season

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm surprised so much negativity about the orange. The first year we went to orange it was do popular. I don't typically like orange but I thought it popped. Especially looking into the stands.

As an Oilers fan for ages I've always found our jerseys to be extremely dull. I like simple but dull is dull. The orange jerseys are the first one period I think actually looks good.

Both Mcfarlane jerseys still look dull orange center or not.

I'm waiting for a true copper and blue combo that wows. Or a copper and black one would be even better.

The Logo could get a massive overhaul as well. McFarlane went too far and put a stupid angle to it but a well done drop logo that's pointed down would likely look very good.

The 2015-17 WHA orange throwback third jerseys were popular, and for good reason. Those were beautiful jerseys. The orange jerseys written 2018-onwards were horrendous. Orange way too bright, blue way too dark, and the striping didn't work with those colours either.

Also, our jerseys are far from dull. The royal blues are a top-5 jersey in the league imo. The orange gives them just the right amount of pop. Contrary to what most around here are saying, I'm also liking the leak for the MacFarlane Reverse Retros. The added orange works imo.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I dislike the traffic cone orange oil drop but take my money anyway.
I guarantee you these will fly off the shelves, plus I think these will look awesome on the ice. I do wish they chose a darker shade of orange if they really wanted to use that color but overall it’s not as bad as some are complaining about. 🤷‍♀️

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
The 2015-17 WHA orange throwback third jerseys were popular, and for good reason. Those were beautiful jerseys. The orange jerseys written 2018-onwards were horrendous. Orange way too bright, blue way too dark, and the striping didn't work with those colours either.

I am of the exact opposite opinion on both the color stream and piping of the 2018+ oranges as opposed to the 2015-17 version. To each their own.

I really disliked the numbers on the 2015-17 version being so high on the shoulders. That was the clincher for me on that jersey.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I guarantee you these will fly off the shelves, plus I think these will look awesome on the ice. I do wish they chose a darker shade of orange if they really wanted to use that color but overall it’s not as bad as some are complaining about. 🤷‍♀️

Totally agree!!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Economy in tatters, rampant inflation, stock market collapses, Unprecedented business closures.
All kind of economic uncertainty. Rising prices of basic needs. Unaffordable housing. More and more people turning to drugs and alcohol to escape realities.

But more 320buck jerseys. Sounds about right. Sounds surreal. They may as well price them at 420. Would be symbolism with that. Why wait?

Best part is you aren't forced to buy one if you don't want to!

Economy must not be a factor because the reverse retros from 2020 are re-selling for over $400 each currently.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Economy in tatters, rampant inflation, stock market collapses, Unprecedented business closures.
All kind of economic uncertainty. Rising prices of basic needs. Unaffordable housing. More and more people turning to drugs and alcohol to escape realities.

But more 320buck jerseys. Sounds about right. Sounds surreal. They may as well price them at 420. Would be symbolism with that. Why wait?
This is Alberta. Buy now, worry about how we'll pay for it later. ;) It is interesting, with 10% inflation, a recession up coming (or already in one, depending on your definition), and you wouldn't know it from what I've seen. Just back from a week in Canmore, and was busier at this time of the year than I can ever recall. Restaurants and bars packed with young, well dressed young people. Similar to the week before, when we visited a couple of local restaurants/bars, just packed. Chatting with the manager, he said business was unbelievably good, only issue was they can't find staff. Which is a common refrain from clients that I speak to, that they are desperate for workers, and these are not service industries, but decently paying jobs. I don't know if Albertans are independently wealthy, or just have massive credit card debt that becomes a problem for another day. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The nickname for Oil is Black Gold which color has never been seen on Oilers jersey Back Gold. Orange and Back hmmm rotting Pumpkin

Last edited:

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
I want to see it in context with the pants / helmet / socks / gloves.

Thank you for recognizing the need for the peripherals to go with the jersey.

fwiw I think the OIlers get that. The reason the reverse retros worked for the Oilers is the team paid for special pants socks and gloves that were only used with the reverse retro jerseys.

One of the reason the Habs last reverse retros failed is the team was too cheap to pay for special pants to go just with that jersey. Dark blue jersey socks and gloves with a lighter blue pants looked cheap and weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad