Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Yohann Auvitu [1 year/$700k]

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Watching his vids a little closer I think he may have the second best point shot on the team after Klefbom. Not a bad risk to take.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Thanks for the link to the article. He speaks 6 freaking languages. The guy seems bright, I really hope he plays well and contributes

Max160

Oct 16, 2014
Yes, he should contribute more after one season in which he worked to adapt his play to the north american style and rink size. He knows what to expect this year.

He was also one of the best defensemen at the last World Championships with team France : 7 pts (2+5) in 7 games and +7 (2 PIM and 1 GWG).

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Watching his vids a little closer I think he may have the second best point shot on the team after Klefbom. Not a bad risk to take.

He has a pretty decent one timer. Thats gold on this team. :nod:

As I mentioned earlier...I think he might be a sleeper in camp.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Good luck to him

I was a little bit disappointed he was demoted to Albany last year
The first reason was his contract
He wasn't the worst D on the team but he was the easiest to demote
That said his defensive play was too weak for an exposed team like NJD

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Resides in Finland and speaks Finnish, yet another guy that can help Puljujarvi settle in in Edmonton. Jokinen, Auvitu and Pakarinen = a pretty damn large Finnish speaking contingent. Added bonus is that Auvitu speaks Russian IIRC so he can help Slepyshev as well.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Resides in Finland and speaks Finnish, yet another guy that can help Puljujarvi settle in in Edmonton. Jokinen, Auvitu and Pakarinen = a pretty damn large Finnish speaking contingent. Added bonus is that Auvitu speaks Russian IIRC so he can help Slepyshev as well.

Most Europeans I know speak at least 3 languages. It is only us English speakers who find it amazing

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Seems like a waste of a contract, especially when we are so close to 50 contracts.

Should have got a guy who could compete for the 4-5 slot while Sekera is out rather than the 6-7 spot. It will be interesting to see what guys like Franson get in term and salary.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
So after couple of preseason games, I would like to hear some comments of Yohann from those who have seen the games?
I was really positive with his signing and he improves our depth really well.
His strengths are inline with the direction where NHL going to i.e. fast puck moving and great skating.

700k - great value with that price? :banana:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So after couple of preseason games, I would like to hear some comments of Yohann from those who have seen the games?
I was really positive with his signing and he improves our depth really well.
His strengths are inline with the direction where NHL going to i.e. fast puck moving and great skating.

700k - great value with that price? :banana:
I'm rooting for him to make the team. Great skater, can move the puck, and shoot. He made a terrific play tonight getting back to break up an odd man rush for the Jets in the second period.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Hopefully he can beat out gryba. Spot duty gryba is okay, consecutive games of grubs is not.

Gryba is on the right side though, so it's not really direct competition between Auvitu and him. I feel like with Sekera out management has made up it's mind to put Russell on his natural side with Benning. Things would have to go pretty wrong with Gryba or the second pair for them to want to put Russ back on the right. I would prefer to keep Nurse-Benning and let them grow together as a pair. I would have Auvitu/Stanton compete for the 6/7 spots on the left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad