Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Yohann Auvitu [1 year/$700k]

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I like it. I think we needed some more offense on the back end and the top 4/2 guys cost way too much. This is another low risk move, if he struggles or when Sekera returns send him to Bako. Sure we have tons of promising young D down there but a couple of those guys will probably spend time in the echl.

That's probably it for the off season unless there's a trade happening.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Good signing.

Played fantastic for France at the Worlds.

I think I'd pencil him in on pairing 3 on the left side until Sekera is back. Could be an interesting guy to pair with Russell.

Klef-Lars
Nurse-Benning
Auvitu-Russell

After lowetide starting talking about him. I think putting him in the line up would be a dangerous idea. Still trying to figure out why he was a healthy scratch in the ahl.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Peter; any thoughts on our next move?
Craig: we need to be bold. Let's got after Crosby. Maybe OV too.
*Peter stares blankly*
Peter; good idea, Craig.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Some interesting observations on Auvitu here....

http://www.dobberprospects.com/yohann-auvitu/

Following an initially strong NHL start, his AHL offensive totals (five goals, eight assists in 29 games, 2.83 shots-per-game average) weren't bad, but his overall play did decline somewhat. Missing several weeks with a lower-body injury didn't help.

This is the only mention I have seen about an injury last season...that certainly might explain why his season seemed to derail.

He could be a sleeper in training camp this September.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's the right type of player, but heavily sheltered in NJ. An interesting add tho, and if all he ends up as is AHL depth I suppose there's some value in that.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
He's the right type of player, but heavily sheltered in NJ. An interesting add tho, and if all he ends up as is AHL depth I suppose there's some value in that.

Heavily sheltered on that NJD defence core?

Isn't that kind of like being heavily warmed as a homeless dude during a northern Alberta winter?

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Definitely has a shot. Played on NJs PP. Likely his dzone play needs a lot of work but hes only got 25 GP so thats to be expected even for a 27 year old. I think we could see him make a bit of noise in TC. Maybe even grab a roster spot as an extra D with a good preseason.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Heavily sheltered on that NJD defence core?

Isn't that kind of like being heavily warmed as a homeless dude during a northern Alberta winter?

It was like being heavily sheltered on Edmonton's defense corps before last season.

DJsquared

Aug 25, 2013
In the video when he was in NJ his # was 33 but when he was playing in albany its 34

Edit: I meant to quote Pondcake

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Got up and searched "Oilers sign Jagr" like I do every morning and this came up... still, seems like a potentially good signing.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I know nothing about this player and won't pretend that I do. I just hope the Oilers scouts have improved to the point where some of these signings actually pan out.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I know nothing about this player and won't pretend that I do. I just hope the Oilers scouts have improved to the point where some of these signings actually pan out.

would this be under amateur scouting or pro ?

We have been doing good with amateur scouts of late especially if college kids come under then as well as draft picks.

Have we acquired a surprisingly useful PRO since Maroon?

Strome's play will the biggest determining factor for our pro scouts.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Capfriendly has the contract as 1 year/$700k. Maybe the thread title should be amended?

I assume the added $50k per year will make some people on here hate this contract now. :sarcasm:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
would this be under amateur scouting or pro ?

We have been doing good with amateur scouts of late especially if college kids come under then as well as draft picks.

Have we acquired a surprisingly useful PRO since Maroon?

Strome's play will the biggest determining factor for our pro scouts.

It would be pro scouting.

I'd argue Russell has been surprisingly useful.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The contrast between his scouting report and statistics is kind of interesting.

Most people say he's an offensive defenseman who is poor defensively, but the stats make him look like New Jersey's best defenseman defensively(albeit in a sheltered role) who struggled offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad